Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Shopping Buggy Abuser

As I stepped out of my door this morning at 5:20 for my hike, there was a man by a car in pajamas and robe. He moved from the driver’s side door to the trunk and back and back and forth he went never doing anything just moving back and forth. I moved on down the road. As I made my first pass by my home he was still out there doing the same thing.

I kept going on my second time by my house he was walking away from his car but then he turned and went half-way back and then turned around and took about 8 steps then turned and went back toward his car and back and forth.  As he passed me he looked up, smiled and said “good morning”. Now I have had the pleasure of knowing some first rate tweakers in my days but this was a little beyond that. 
Maybe it is an OCD ritual except I have never seen him out there before. Perhaps he is restless because of a tragedy and just does not know what to do to calm his mind so he thinks up tasks that make no sense and he cannot complete. Curious.

Chaz had set out my Christmas boxes weeks ago and I had unpacked all the ornaments I wanted to use and he had put the boxes back except for two I had overlooked and then ignored. “I will get to them in tomorrow” was my Mantra. Tomorrow came yesterday. They were old dusty, graying boxes that had come from Mother’s attic. I knew there was nothing inside I wanted to use but I opened them anyway. Inside I found ceramic statues of the Three Kings that appear in almost all nativity scenes. 


These Maji, or Kings or Wise men of this nativity story fascinate me and always have, even as a child. I thought they were the best part of the story. Their story is just as amazing to me as the main story.  


They represent past, present and future.
I packed them back up and told Chaz he could put the two boxes back in storage. As soon as I walked back to my room I realized they would fit beautifully on my mantle and there was just enough space for the three of them. Back out I went to rescue them. On the mantle they are now (that sounded like Yoda speak) and they look great with the other tarnished brass items that also rest there. I went about the rest of my day. This morning as I sit here writing I look over and realize that one of the Kings is looking over at me. I do not recall his head being turned yesterday. The other two are gazing straight ahead. Why is he not? Why is he looking over here at me? I am unsettled by this. Will someone please watch him and tell me if he follows me as I cross to the other side of the room. I get the feeling he does.

The last thing I want to say is…
Dear Psychotic, woman beating, child abusing, tragic excuse for human, p***s packing, creature, it is fortunate for you I was not there when you plowed down my 6-year-old granddaughter with your shopping buggy and then tossed over your shoulder as you strutted by “excuse you”. She is 6. 6!!!! 
                                               My Granddaughter  and Santa

It was NOT funny. It was not a lame excuse to toss over your shoulder as an afterthought “excuse you!” It does not matter that she may have been frolicking and veered into your path. You did not even try to stop or slow down and who the BLOODY HELL do you think you are to think you have a right to meet out what you may believe to be punishment or just consequences. She is 6!!!! You are a vile, (For some reason the Grinch song is now streaming though my head) ….  


Did someone run over you with a buggy when you were a child and so you believe it is OK? Was it OK when they did that to you? Did someone run you over and your parental unit have no sympathy and so you believe all children deserve cruelty and to be yelled at by a parent? Were you hoping my daughter would turn on her own child and blame her?  

Did some hurtful adult constantly curb your enthusiasm and so you now believe children should not express joy and be free and wistful? What horrible thing(s) happened to you as a child that has turned you so hard?  What if someone like you ran over your grandchild or child? Ran over your little sister? Little brother?
Santa was watching….  


……...have a Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment