Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The ID

Young people driving around fast and sporadic as though you believe you are more entitled and have special rights, you are terrifying the older drivers who are now slower and more cautious.

 Not because of their age but because of you. Back in the day people could afford turn signals and they used them because they knew that mind reading was not offered in high school or college. 


They did not choose the GPS or DVD theatre package option. They used a clever device known as a map and children were entertained with road games such car bingo or I spy.

 Yes, I know those were not around back then and if that was your first thought you are exactly who I am talking to.

I know I have said this before but it happened again yesterday and those of you who cannot understand the problem stay in line. The clerk at the postal store asked to see my ID as I paid. Not a problem. What she actually wanted was a photo ID to verify it was me using my own credit card. Not a problem I get that. What blew me away, again, was that she would not accept the ID I gave her because it had expired. It was me in the photo, my ID number was the same, address the same, better photo but she could not accept it as proof of me. Uhhh this is where she lost me. It is still me! I do not cease to exist when my government issued ID expires. (Didn’t I see a movie about this a few years ago?) I pointed out to her that she could verify it was me still. She refused and then she said something stupid. They would not accept this in a court of law. WHAT!!?? Lady sheep, we are not in court! My mouth fell open; I stood up straighter and turned my full focus and attention on her. She froze, looked up at me and then wisely took a step backward. I restated that I was NOT dead, that the photo ID was verification I was me, expiration date or no expiration date and handed her a current one. 

What if my ID was not me? What if it had a fake name and address and matched the fake name on the fake credit card? If this happens one more time I will lose my mind and be the lead story on the evening news. Blooding freaking Hell!!!

There are some very funny moments during The Hobbit part 2 so go ahead folks laugh!! Not that very many of you laugh at movies which puzzles me greatly and kicks in my sympathy mind set but not in a good way. Some of that stuff was supposed to be humorous. No one will come and arrest you for laughing. Wait!! Is this what has happened to people with expired IDs? The joy police came and as punishment took their joy away?

I am still out of cream and this fake Vanilla non-dairy chemical creation tastes just like what it is, fake vanilla cream. It leaves a horrid after taste in the mouth. How can people use this stuff? Imagine how very terrible the fat free version must be.

I am going to make another run at the postal place. I will try to behave. 

1 comment: