Thursday, June 18, 2015

General Elevator Party

It was 10:30 at night on Tuesday and Mother and I were walking to the elevator after a nice dinner at her home. She was wearing a house dress and no shoes. She was comfortable.  The elevator approached and came to a stop. The doors opened and what should have been, and usually is an empty space stood a man carrying a bag. He was pleased to see to Ladies and very pleased to see one his own age. My mother! “Well, HELLO!” he says. Oh dear!! “Come in, Come in!!” I get in and he looks a bit disappointed. “Come on dear get in” he says to Mother. She explains she is not wearing shoes. “Well none of you Tennessee girls wear shoes. Come on!” West Virginia. Mother corrects him. “Ahhhh… grumble grumble… You are no West Virginia Hill Billy!! You are a Tennessee Gal and none of you wear shoes. Come on hun’ get in the elevator!” Mother again declined and he stepped into the doorway. It was then I smelled the alcohol. The ol’ General was completely sauced and obviously had been up at the Sky Lounge.  Mother again stated she was from West Virginia not a silly girl from Tennessee and stepped away. I said Good night Mother and pushed the door close button. The General looked at me and said “Mother? Well I have a full bottle of tequila and all the fixings and no one to drink with”. He showed me his bag and there was a bottle of Patron, several limes some salt and margarita mix. 


He looked so dejected and sad. I agreed he had the makings of a very fine party and that perhaps he should take it home and start his prowling again tomorrow. He grinned at me and concluded that I did indeed have a good plan and that he was pleased that he had shared the elevator with me. 


 Good night General you are drunk go home.


Did you know that in 1969 it costs $2.00 to have your brand new baby boy circumcised at the hospital before taking him home? In 2014 it cost $343.00.  For an adult male over the age of 17 with anesthesia is $2,500.00.  So I am thinking that in 1932 they must have been “no charge”.  This is the kind of tidbit of info I am exposed to that cause me to explore.


A friend asked me why it is that over-sized men jog, do yard work and are otherwise shirtless but the well-built, good, looking men always wear shirts. 


Several theories occurred to me. One being that men that are heavier get hotter, or that they sweat more and feel the need to cool off so they remove their shirts. Or, the thought based on an article I read years ago in a Health and Fitness magazine suggested that men tend to see themselves as bring about 30 pounds thinner than they are where as a woman sees herself as 30 pounds heavier so, that big man thinks he is a svelte sexy beast.  While this is an interesting question and could provide some very interesting answers not to mention reactions and maybe a date or two from the various men I am just NOT going to go out there and ask.



………maybe……

 then I  found   these photos...


I am not sure where she is running but my friend  should   change locations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment