Friday, July 31, 2015

In a Moment a Tattoo


Do you ever just, sometimes wish you had a punching bag, heavy bag, pinata you could just beat out your angst on. I do.


I sat down all excited to write but, on  a whim I opened my email....BIG mistake. Some people just have a knack for being  cold and unfeeling. Their words verge on threats and they write like they feel they are entitled to squash joy. My immediate reaction brings to my mind that line from A Knight's Tale when Chaucer is speaking to Peter and Simon in Rouen. Chaucer: "I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity."


Dear Heartless cold human creature. I forgive you. I feel sorry for you, that you lack joy. I hope you find it. In the meantime, none of it mattered anyway so why say anything to me. Be gone!

Speaking of angst.... why do some people turn their phones off or down as soon as they hit their seats or even the theater  and some continue to talk, text, and play games right up until the movie starts? Why? If you would rather do any of the above things please stay in the lobby until you are  done. It is bloody distracting especially if someone (me) is interested in the previews.


While I am on a tangent let me just fuss at the FedEx guy. Dear Mouth-breather FedEx male creature, That maneuver you made turning right into the parking lot, traveling through the parking lot,  turning left out of the parking lot, crossing five lanes of traffic to then turn right onto the street you were originally on just so you did not have to wait at the traffic light with the rest of us was unsportsmanlike like behavior or are you guilty of avoiding a traffic control device? Does your company know you drive their vehicle recklessly?


On a better note... there is a new Dr. Seuss book that was unveiled on July 28. I must have it!!! It is  What Pet Should I Get? Yes, it is really a new book by Dr. Seuss found in a box of stuff that had been stored away by his widow and his secretary.


 He is my favorite author. We had almost all of his books. I taught myself to read with these books. They also flash back into my mind when I am challenged by a situation sometimes. Our date ordered fish throats for a lunch starter. I was about to say ewww... NO but then I thought about Sam and Green Eggs and Ham and I tried one while imagining I was in a boat with a goat. Or, when my integrity is  challenged I can hear Horten, the elephant say "an elephant is faithful, 100%" and I am back on track. The Sleep Book never fails to put me to sleep.



I am all into living in the moment and pirating all you can from each moment. This could be why I have an extremely limited income. GOD knew that if I had access to an unlimited supply of money my moments would consist of incredibly outrageous things. My daughters grew up with this "free spirit" mentality of mine and my motto of Carpe Diem. I have two little girl children who while living in their moments with fists full of money have gone off and bought themselves some regrettable tattoos. Daughter number 3 called me yesterday and told me in an excited voice that she got a kitten. Well, she has two dogs, a cat and a daughter. She does not need a kitten. "Ha HA Mom just kidding I got a tattoo!"A spark of regret of my lifestyle streaks through me. This child is not the brightest in my herd. I take a deep breath while recalling the rest of her tattoos and am overcome with dread which quickly dissipates. I would not want her to be anyone other than what GOD intends her to be. I ask what it is. A verse she says. I did not ask. In her mind "dance like a stripper" is a verse as is "I can Dere-lick my own balls", "Turn down for what?" and "I'm ridiculously good looking".


I am off to eat breakfast and watch another episode of Americas Book of Secrets. I get these inspirations from somewhere you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment