Thursday, August 25, 2011

ashes


I looked right at the apple crisp my mother sent home with me and relished the idea of it with my tea this, morning as I put a bagel in the toaster and got out the cream cheese. After I put the bagels away I realized what I had done. I was a bit disappointed and very disconcerted. Had I had a stroke in the last 52 seconds?
I read ….”When someone fails due to weakness, carelessness, or even sin, the hardest thing to do is to show forgiveness and CHRISTlike love. It is easier to give the person a piece of our mind than a vote of confidence.” From Our Daily Bread
I had pulled up into a parking lot under some trees and was getting my things together and giving one last thought to be sure I had all I needed when,  I got that creepy feeling someone was watching me. I looked around and there were only a few empty cars and no humans anywhere. I scanned for animals there were none. I am puzzled but still feel “watched”. I paused and thought spider….dangling from some invisible thread about to land on my head. I look up, nothing. My gaze scans the trees I am under again and I notice just a little something not right about the closest tree trunk.  I look more closely there concealed by camouflage looking like tree bark is a dragon about the size of a chichi puppy. I am now starring back at it. Fascinated by this creature and how it’s coloring and scales are raised and it looks like a piece of the tree bark. Then it got creepier because that was not entirely the cause of my adrenal drip. I still was on edge. I moved my gaze to the next tree trunk over which I am just now noticing is not quite looking right at all. There at the exact same spot on that tree is another dragon, frozen starring back at me. I quickly scan all the tree trunks then the trees. Those were the only ones I could see. Then in a flash of claws on bark dragon #1 skitters to the back side of the tree and all I can see is a bit of his head and an eyeball. I laugh at them both bid them to carry on and go into my appointment.  What a delightful treat.
My mother gifted me yesterday afternoon with my jar of ashes. I have been waiting for her to get comfortable enough to open the canister and dip me out the ashes my dad wanted me to have. One last bit of humor on his part. He knew I was against the cremation. Not right dad. I handed the bag to Shaggy as we got in the car “here put Gramps on the floor so he does not tip over” ……”MOM!!!”…..I laugh. He is sitting on the alter at my JESUS wall in a mason jar. Now what dad?
I saw lightning strike in the midst of clouds last night….it was a beautiful sight. No rain just flashes of light illuminating a bank of clouds to the east. No sound of thunder traveled to my ears but the sky reflected my frustration as well as that of the land at having no moisture to relieve to the oppressive heat.  Perhaps those two dragons were hoping for a chance to jump into my car and enjoy some cool air…..LOL…..
For those of you in Schertz I did not see yesterday….. I am coming back…….

No comments:

Post a Comment