Monday, January 13, 2014

Dance Bully



People decide!! Your daughter's name is either Sarena, Sarah or Susan. Pick one! This child shows up on three seperate census along with her parents as three different names. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! This ghost hunting is stressful!

There I was shooting a fund raiser dinner and dance for a friend. Looking for action and humor and those moments she would miss. As I was gazing about me the announcer says in a very serious voice above the noise of the crowd "we have a gun in back!" What? I look at him, my gaze travels across the crowd and they are unmoved, continuing to dance and chat. Am I the only one who heard that? I look again toward the stage and the guy has gone back to singing and playing his guitar. For just a very brief moment a silky thread of "surreal" passes through me and then I see it, on the banner above his head, rifle raffle. I relaxed and laughed.

Can someone tell me what it is about me that causes anger in men? Some ofthem just seem to go out of their way to be mean, hateful, hurtful, and try to physicvally inflict damage. I just do not get it. For example, I have to cross the edge of the dance floor to get to my seat inside the VIP circle.

There are a few hay bales next to the fence line and a herd of children playing on them. That leaves no room to get to the VIP corral. I am walking back from doing a photo safari of the building grabbing shots here and there and heading for the haybales to stay off the dance floor. I am watching the dancers as I walk and notice this cowboy watching me. Now as most of you know cowboys dance their women backwards so, she could not see me. I move farther over and he manipulates her farther over. I move again and he moves; me walking him dancing. As I shimmy past the children and have made myself as small as possible he turns and dances her right into me. I swear it is almost like he pushed her. I say this because her reaction was more a "ahhh!!! oooof!!!!" then an "oops excuse us". She actually seemed startled and I say this because the females know they can trust the man they are dancing with to NOT run them into things. Of course this is not even mentionoing the sadistic grin on his face. I do not even know this fool, or his dance partner. I said "oops" very sweetly and scooted on off. He looked like he wanted to have a confrontation and meet me at the saloon for a draw down at 20 paces. Why??? He crashed his female into me? I wanted to throw him down and step on his neck with my Jimmy Choo spiked heel screaming "Do it again little man!!!!"

Then right before our eyes sits a teenage girl in a very short skirt with a teenage boy sitting right in front of her turned body, and where were his hands? All over her legs. Where was her mama? Sitting right beside her. Hello??? I am thinking there must be a little more than sheep shearing going on down at the ol' sheep barn. He has traveled those legs before. I am hoping they were not related. They could have been, now that I think about it they both had blonde hair and a sharp pointy beak...hmmmm.

In case you are interested I did not win the rifle raffle.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment