Monday, January 6, 2014

Privateer Loses Crew

I have noticed crops of "I buy Ungly Houses" signs all over my little village.

 It is disturbing and dumbs down the neighborhoods. I am not sure why the city allows this. As I was turning onto a street to pick up my grandaughter I saw a sign that stated with enthusiasm "Got Rats?" My first thought was... Not anymore.... and then a joyful laughter unraveled from me. It was at a perfect spot, at a perfect time, and I was grateful this one was there. What I had been fussing over with much tension and anxiety was so simply stated. A reminder, an assurance wrapped up in humor and tied with care. Just another way GOD reminded me all I need is all I have.

To the red Toyota at the traffic lights on Thousand Oaks, a red light swining from wires across the road is NOT a gesture for you to drive through the light.

You are to wait for the green one just like the rest of us. You did not even hesitate as if you thought you made a mistake. The car on the cross street crossed and as soon as he cleared your lane you took off. No tapping the brake as if to think ...uh...oops! There was not even a turn arrow that lit up green to flicker in your vision. No full throttle as though you were anxious to get to an emergency. No hospital or clinic on that road. You just went. You startled the poor woman in front of me who even though the light did turn green was hesitant to move.

Now for some more fascinating Ghost hunting tidbits I found. These are from a column titled, Runaway Servents, Convicts and Apprentices that appeared regulaly in a paper in Pennsylvania. Some of the descriptions give age, some height, some eye color, hair color or even state that the person has relatives in the area, the number of days they are missing and what else may have gone missing with them. You will see what I mean.

From 1775 - Catherine Kennedy, Irish, 23, pregnant, 2nd escape. (This one sounds like an episode of Law and Order SVU)

1753 - Thomas Kelly, Irish, 24, 2nd escape, has an iron collar on neck. (This one could be a movie starring Harrison Ford and Dominic Monaghan)

Jacob Kessler, owned by Wallace & Donaldson - ran from ship, German. (Owned - he was not a slave brought from Africa, are you seeing this Ed?)

I love this next one...

William Jochain, 19, dance teacher - English took 2 pistols (This is a romance novel in the making, did he also take your daughter?)

Maybe he is in league with the next one...

Daniel Johnson, 25, short Scot, was a drummer in the Army, 3 pistols. (Whose army?)

The next two are a couple of my favorites...

Jacob Johnson, 24, English, 6' tall, - traveled all over, been privateering ( Really?.... a pirate...oops I mean privateer, for whom/who? If I find him can I keep him? I am always looking for experienced.... sailors for me own ship)

Hugh Kelly, Irish, 19, short - ran from Privateer ship in Bermuda (uh huh.... so you are posting an ad for him in Philadelphia? You should probably check with those trouble making Pearis folk who live in Bermuda they are a bit tricksy with their "privateering".)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment