Friday, January 23, 2015

Wrong Key

I am about 8 inches from death. I have an intense pain in the area of my appendices, ovaries, intestines, and it is probably my tumor, whom as you know I named Bob many years ago, getting ready to explode. One of those things for sure is wrong. It has been going on for days and has gotten worse which according to Doctor Internet is a sign of something serious. I am debating whether I should, like my father, write my own obituary and have it ready for my nephew to email out as a final Breakfast Letter. The idea of heading over to the ER for several hours of waiting around with sick people is overwhelming. Some people revel in being ill and wear it like a royal robe of accomplishment. I am NOT one of those people. The last time I was at the ER it was for dizziness. They saw me immediately (probably because of my age) and after a long exam decided I needed a CAT scan 


and after several hours of observation while they observed my fiancé act like a bully, a bull, a selfish prick about his time being wasted, his yelling at me that we should just leave I was being weak-minded and several other inappropriate behaviors on his part. The Doctor marched in demanded a nurse, told fiancé to leave and closed the door. He gave me Valium, told me there was nothing wrong except “that man” tormenting me and causing me severe stress. He asked me if he was always that “intense and demanding, selfish” I answered yes. He advised I keep loaded up on Valium see my regular doctor and get rid of the guy.  Finally someone with a medical background confirmed what several of us already knew, the guy was a walking demonstration of “not right”.  Do you know that the Doc was right! My symptoms went away within hours of his departure from my world.


Then yesterday I walked up to my front door, pointed my car lock fob at the door and proceeded to press the unlock button several (I mean like 8 or 9) times becoming incredibly stressed when it failed to open the door. Then when I looked at the fob and then the door I finally realized that this was wrong and then I stressed out over the fact that I had even tried to open the door with the car key.  Later I ran an errand and thought I heard a friend call me a b*****. I apparently am much stressed again and no psycho man in sight. However I did receive a disturbing call from a man friend the day before that upset me very much. Could there be ribbons of angst still clinging to me?


Yesterday it was raining and raining and was wet and cold. I had gone to a hair appointment and as I was waiting for my hairdresser to arrive at the salon another hair dresser came in and said “it was pouring down rain this morning.” Really?? Ya think? It is still raining. Like we needed an update that it had been raining, was raining and could rain for a wee bit longer. We had all come from outside to the inside through the rain. She looked over at me and said “this is horrible! I hate the rain”. I looked at her and said “I love the rain and so do the peaches”. She looked at me very oddly and said rain made her grumpy (yeah…haha I noticed) so I said “sunshine makes me grumpy I am constantly agitated in the summer.” That is just plain weird she says. So is giving us a weather report on the rain while we are all aware that it is raining. We can see it through the wall of windows I think to myself.   She wanders off.


I received a compliment last night from a business associate. It was not just handed off either. She spoke of specific things and ways I have accomplished tasks. It was nice. Yes my reward is a paycheck but sometimes being singled out, looked in the eye and spoken to is a rich reward. It is difficult to know how well or poorly your performance is without some feedback presented in a kind way. Not implied over the phone, shrouded in doubt, threats and dismay.  I work with a passion at my job. It is personal because I care about the organization and each business and person involved with it.
Alexandre-François Desportes (Champigneulle, Ardennes 1661 – 1743 Paris), Still life of game with a bowl of plums and peaches. 

Peaches originated in China. Their name is Prunus persica yes as in Persia. They came to Europe via Persia. Did you know that a peach is classified with almonds? That Spanish explorers brought them to the Americas long before they were taken to England. Thomas Jefferson grew peaches at his home in Monticello.

                               The peach orchards at Monticello (photo credit: Patrick Jonas)

Here I see it again. Peaches have a chilling requirement. Which means they do not grow well in tropical environments. So again you complaining Texans; the peaches NEED some cold.

Canned peaches just don't cut it!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment