Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cat Lady Despair

As I was pulling up to the “single person” fruit cup display a very gorgeous man pulls up, I move over and he says “oh no, you are fine ma’am” grabs his “single person” fruit cups and moves on. He said it like I was his Mother. Oh, yes, how respectful and sweet….   He was my age!!!

But wait there is more… You have all heard and seen the crazy cat lady jokes and memes and laughed. Me too. However, it is not funny when you are standing in line at the grocery store and you look down and you have a small salad, small bag of flour, sugar, 1 chicken breast, 3 small scallops, a bottle of wine, chips and a bag of cat food and, there is a HOT guy in front of you and one behind you looking at your grocery choices. 


                                   
It is obvious I am single and have at least one cat. Were they giving me the “Hot Damn it’s a Cougar/Jaguar” look? NO, no they were not.  I wanted to cry but I was too busy laughing at this and not laughing as in funny laughing more like hysterical …… this is not my life.

I am going to get my hair dyed grey with silver highlights tomorrow. I am buying all grey cloths and maybe I can disappear or at least be invisible.

                                       

On the brighter side….
I was waiting for the elevator at the retirement facility where Mother lives when a handsome elderly man came around the corner and did a double take. “Well, hello! You don’t live here do you? No, you are much too young.” XXXX those are for you dear man.

In case any of you were wondering about the horse that I said lives above me. Is it a man or woman, it is a Percheron that used to be in the circus? 


                         
                                            Wesley Dennis - Illustrator
My granddaughter was spooked by the noise on her first night here so I told her it was a horse…she got excited and wanted to know what color, could we go see it and how did it get up there. Large, no we could not and it climbed the stairs. She went right on to sleep with visions of horses prancing about.  I am a good Grandmother.


I am having a bowl of strawberries and cream 


with an eclair 


                                    
for breakfast because that is what we “cat Ladies” do.


Enjoy yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment