Friday, June 24, 2016

What I Saw On the Floor


I looked at my phone this morning and there is a memo from my daughter that I had not heard chime in early, as in 3:58 AM. “Mom, she (her girlfriend) tried to leave me down town in Mexico. I have no money. I am super scared. I want to go home” I am now having a heart attack. WTF!!??!!! 

Where are you? No answer. I wait …. Where are you?. no answer. I wait…

I call and the phone just rings then disconnects and I have another heart attack. Then a memo rings in. “I am in the room”. Now I want to throttle them both. Girls!!!

I had gone to the grocery to get a few things when a Journey song comes on through the sound system. I started singing out loud as I was walking through the store. My nephew is looking at me and laughing and trying his best to avoid me but not totally abandoning me. As I round an isle a woman is asking her husband why he will not sing with her. She then in exasperation says in her outside voice “why is no one singing along?”  I am! She looks at me “Right! Who could not sing along to this song?” We both move on. It was like an episode of Glee.

Let me be very clear about this. I do not snoop through my daughter's room, I do not explore through her things. But as I was moving a book and her glasses on her bedside table I heard a light thud on the carpet. As I looked to see what had fallen I found a pregnancy test. 

I left it where it lay but as I was turning my eyes fell upon a couple of condom  (still in wrappers) lying on the floor just under the bed.  Yes, did I mention she told me she washed the sheets? Now while one of these things is good one of them may not be so good. Is it too early for a glass of wine if I add some orange juice and call it Sangria? 
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment