Thursday, December 13, 2012

Blue Sugar


I still have not found the letter from yesterday I wrote and then allegedly was saved when the shutdown occurred.

It mostly was about Shaggy and her first ever Bikini Babe contest. That is where she works. Bikini’s Sports Bar and Grill as a Bikini Babe. They held a Santa Baby contest and she entered just for the fun, experience and the photo opportunity. She did not win, nor did she place. There were 10 girls and three of those would win. But if you ask her she will tell you that in her mind she did win because she had fun and overcame a fear. Shaggy is the one in pink.

I received the most awesome Christmas present yesterday. It is a painting of pumpkins. I have wanted this painting for a long time but just could not justify the amount to buy it with my limited income and bills. So the dream of buying it sat in my “If I ever had an extra $200” wish file. It was painted by the president of the Artz Council, Whitney. I am on the Board of the Council as their Social Media Guru. For a bit of back story memory; my kitchen is decorated in pumpkin, witch, and creepy kind of stuff. It looks like I decorated for Halloween and then neglected to un-decorate after the Holiday. Remember I adore pumpkins, their round shape and smooth texture, the bright orange color as well as all the other orange to white shades. I like the mystery of what a witch might be brewing in her cauldron, the potions and tinctures, the stews and sauces. So when Whitney painted those pumpkins I fell in love with them. There is a cheerful yet eerie feeling about the painting. She did a great job with the angle of the light which creates the feel of happy yet anxious that abounds in my kitchen. I am so thrilled with this gift.

Shaggy made cut out Christmas cookies last night and I am eating a tree and a little man this morning. They have just a touch of spice and are perfectly crispy. Good job child! She frosted some and sprinkled them with blue sugar as a gift for a friend this morning.


I even added some of the blue sugar to my sugar bowl for my morning tea.
Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com thinks she will sprinkle blue sugar everywhere today. So festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment