Monday, November 18, 2013

Ralph or Calvin

Ralph or Calvin

I do not know what kind of magical substance the moon is covered in but it is amazing. The way it can change colors and surprise you sometimes when you least expect a surprise yet so need one. I mean need in the way your heart feels like it has taken a huge gulp of air and has realized the potential freedom that lies just beyond the prison of your chest and pushes ever so slightly against its bonds. Tears slide into your eyes because, deep in the soft cradle of your soul you understand that yearning your heart has expressed but you know you lack the power to escape what holds you here. Last night was one of those moonlit surprises.

I stepped outside to get a breath of air and refocus from a sad place I was spiraling toward. As I looked up from my porch a flash of golden pink caught my eye. There just popping up over the edge of the building next to me and behind a web of cables and wires that bring electricity was the moon. The color I can barely describe. 

It was a brilliant pink, washed in a watery orange but glowing from inside with purple. There was no word I knew that could express the sight, or how I felt. Just a slow whispered gasp and a thank you to the GOD who created a moon that could reflect colors from across the world back to me at that moment. A moon that was put there to do that at that moment thousands of years ago by a GOD who patiently waited all that time just to hear me say Thank you and think of HIM. I felt so small and at the same time so large. Do you know what I mean? Have you ever felt this way?

Ok, back on a lighter note…

Dear Whataburger,

 Please, please, please send your breakfast staff to Taco Folding School.  A breakfast taco should not have all the cheese and sausage at one end and the eggs at the other. It should all be evenly spread out. There should be a fluffy egg; bite of sausage all enfolded in cheese and tortilla each bite. What I got today was NOT that. I was very disappointed!

 Especially since it seems I have now paid you to disappoint me. I already have a problem with eating eggs. There is something about the texture, maybe a life time of summer camp eggs, or the fact that eggs nauseated me throughout all five pregnancies but a mouthful of cold egg at the end of my taco is ….. NOT good!!! EVER!!!!

There is some good news. I found my dress. I only had to try on 23 dresses but I found the gown to wear to the Gala. The color is going to blend beautifully with my blonde ombre locks and the theme and feel of the evening. I am very excited! James Bond would look twice! It was made just for me by my good friend Ralph.

 I tried on several designs Calvin created but he still thinks I am a svelte 22 and I am not. Calvin, darling, I have been pregnant 5 times and now have a womanly body. Adjust!!!!

For those of you that are confused, there are signs on every road, in parking lots and at intersections that tell you exactly what to do, when to do, where to do it and how fast you can do it. Please learn what these signs mean. If you need help there are classes and the Department of Public Safety even have booklets explaining this for free. Yes folks these booklets are free!!! Get informed it is for all our safety. Especially you beer-pong prone types!


I have a $5 coupon for Hallmark , have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment