Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ye Ol' Grog


Once again the drivers in the area got together and decided that it was pull out in front of Tamara day. It happened twice. This incident stands out because this psycho female creature looked me right in the eye and leaped.

The speed limit is 40 which I am driving, or maybe it was 43, anyway, there are a few of us cruising along. I like to keep a couple car lengths between me and the unpredictable driver in front of me because most cars do not come equipped with turn signals and you just never know when they will veer from their chosen path and then change their course again; many of them slamming on their brakes in the midst of this erratic behavior.

I am passing the church when a minivan tears out across the oncoming traffic to land in the turn lane. This caught my eye because she charged during heavy traffic and was nearly hit and judging by her reckless behavior thus far her timing was going to bring her into direct contact with my car if she did not stop. There is a car beside me so I cannot change lanes and one behind me and the driver beside me. I have no where I can go. She actually paused a moment and I breathed a sigh of relief as I glanced up at her face. What I saw there was a snarl, grim determination and an ugly scowl women paste on their faces to overcome their feelings of “how dare you drive a luxury car while I am trapped in a minivan”.


 She was glaring at me, I knew then that she was going to go for it. I laid on my horn the moment she smashed her gas pedal, the car beside me swerved, the ones behind us hit their brakes and still I pressed down on my horn. Did she speed on up once she had created chaos no! She slowed way down as if challenging me to hit her. She had children in the car she had just picked up from school. Do you think she cared about their lives at that moment?  This was not just any school either, it was a Christian school. One would assume she would demonstrate Christ like behavior. Woman!! Just because you want to turn left, need to turn left does not mean that you should risk your life or jeopardize other lives (especially mine) to make that turn. Either wait for a moment for traffic to dissipate or turn right with the traffic, move into the left lane find a parking lot to turn into so you can turn around and pull out into the lane and head your desired direction or turn right at a light turn around and re-enter your desired lane with the assistance of a light. YOU are NOT entitled to turn into traffic simply because YOU want to go in a particular direction.  Bloody Hell!!!! What is wrong with people? It is a vehicle not a bubble of safety. Your wants and desires are of no interest to us. We are all going somewhere!! Some of us just want to drive in peace and not at the hands of your needs.


Then there was this fool. He is driving very erratic. He is in front of me trying to force the vehicle in front of him to speed up but there are four other cars in front of that car. A minivan to our left with cars behind and in front of her. As we enter an intersection the fool changes lanes, in the middle of the intersection causing the minivan to slam on her brakes. This sudden event also cause the car in front of the minivan to slam in his brakes. Foolboy now has to slam on his brakes, which he does for a half second before charging back over into my lane in front of me. The car in front of the van turns off the road and foolboy jumps back over in front of the minivan. Traffic slows down and guess what? Yep, foolboy jumps back over in front of me. He then sees a break and careens over in front of the car in front of the minivan which freaks out that driver who then brakes and again foolboy jumps back over in front of me. 


He then decides to create his own lane on the far right side of traffic attempting to drive by the car in front of him who happens to pull over to the far right side causing foolboy to have to slam on his brakes and come to a stop while he in very slow motion he takes his time to complete a turn. Foolboy is throwing up his arms in anger last I saw of him. I too was turning.  I am guessing he was late coming back from lunch?
    
                           
While we driving in Oregon I saw a sign that advertised a Grog Distillery. I have never heard of a Grog Distillery since grog is a kind of alcoholic mash up. We went to investigate. Out walks a guy in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts.


 He serves us up taste samples and lively conversation about the history of the Grog. 


It was like chatting with a guy who barely escaped California with his sanity intact.  He was wonderful and by the time we left he was calling us Geek Guy and Blonde Chick.


 We also bought some Grog which he gave to us in a rough burlap bag with a crooked, naked parrot head was sitting between two crossed bones. It is called Ye Ol’ Grog Distillery.  They make Dog Watch Vodka, Good Morning Glory Grog and Dutch Harbor Breeze Grog. 


It was a combination of Swash buckling pirate and World War II airplane hangar somewhere in the South Pacific.  He even had two flavors of ice-cream they had made using the Grog. 

I had Banana something… it was very tasty.


Grog ice-cream… this pirate loved it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment