Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Really Bad Morning

Woke up, warmed up, and accomplished my morning hike. Put water on for coffee, and placed the last slice of walnut date bread in the toaster. My toaster is a mean-spirited machine that reacts with a scorn filled vengeance when I deign to let it out of the closet to use. 


My bread started to burn. I turned on the fan, opened the front door and started fanning the smoke alarm. Both cats were in the kitchen observing this chaos with feigned boredom. 


Next thing I know they are gone. I do not let the cats outside except for a few steps onto the porch every now and again and Goblin likes to chew on grass which I allow him to do from the porch. I found him outside nibbling grass and Scarlet is gone. I would panic and become disturbed by this but if the creature wishes to move on….

My guess is she will show back up and sit at the door screaming as she has before when she has made the choice to move on. I have explained to her many times that there is no food to magically appear in a dish, no warmth, no cushions, no water and no litter box and still sometimes she just makes a run for it. I wish her the best of luck. That is money I will save on cat food.


Because I know some of you will be horrified by this; I will say that NO I am not a soulless, inhumane, person. She does not want to be here and it would be soulless and inhumane to keep her here against her will. The last time she spent two days under a bed hiding when she came back.

I am not here to share my early morning drama today I am here to share the drama of my former manager and friend Louise …..

Okay… Okay… Friends and family… There I was minding my own business I had just woken up in the morning and I was thinking oh good I can stay home today and get some rest after the busy busy last few days that I have had… That's when my little puppy sugar came up to the head of the bed right by my ear and threw up… Oh no… I jumped up....we had just taken her to the vet last week for a rash… And was told she has allergies… upon jumping up… I found that she had left two big brown puddles on the floor…so I cleaned everything up..called the vet… (frank slept through all of this )....I threw a sweater over my pajamas and put some boots on over my slippers...and Off we went...she threw up about three more times before we made it to the vet.. another $125 later which makes it to total of $252 ...three shots and three medications..the vet assures me it is only allergies that have traveled inside her gut... And she should be ok within 24 hours..,or not... To come back if she's not better by Thursday..so I took sugar home… Frank is still sleeping… So I rouse him awake… And tell him to watch sugar while I go get some dog and cat food which we are out of… And off I go again… Leaving on my pajamas because hey… It's only going to be a short trip…I get theThe dog and cat food....and leave to go home… When all of a sudden I hear the distinctive sound of a police siren behind me… Oh no...I'm thinking… What did I do… I'm not speeding I didn't run any stop signs what could be the problem…???ma'am… The officer says… Do you realize your inspection sticker expired two months ago… And license plate on your car expired back in 1998 and are not for this car ...and doesn't match the sticker on your window…uh no !!! How can that be I ask ?? I know I am a fine upstanding citizen..and have never stolen a license plate or sticker in my life... I was dumbfounded Then I thought.., hey maybe I accidentally put franks sticker on my window....he goes back to his car to check on things.. Am I going to be arrested?? My car impounded??Then it hits me... I ordered my sticker on line.., it came with new license plates.., I put them under the car seat to put on later….. And promptly forgot about them ....I never realize that when they sent you new license plates that means that they're changing your license plate number… Did not know it was so critical to get those suckers on my car so fast… Even though I did get them in June…well I pulled the plates out from under the seat and showed the officer when he came back.., he was not impressed and wrote me a ticket for fraudulent license plates and expired inspection ticket and said I would need to go to court to explain…as for The expired inspection sticker I had every intention of getting my car inspected when I got the oil changed… But alas… They were due in October… And I again forgot about both… I think it's my age… Do you think the judge will take that into consideration??so I said merry Christmas officer as I accepted my ticket and proceeded home...nope… My story is not over… So I open my back door and go walking in… When the most her horrendous smell hits me right between the eyes…after looking around the house it became quite evident that little sugar had gotten very sick and had pooped from one end of the living room to the other with big brown puddles… In the carpet...Couldn't of been on the bare floor… No in the rug…..not a simple wipe it up job but a job that required bringing out the industrial-strength rug cleaner… So there I go cleaning everything up again… And where is Frank… Still sleeping…obviously not watching sugar as I requested...so rug is cleaned sugar is cleaned houses aired out and I am sitting here with my Stevia cream soda telling my Facebook friends and family… My terrible story… Of today's adventures… And I'm feeling a lot better now… Thank you all… Sheesh…

Aren't you glad to find out that I am not the only one like me? There are more of us around. I am! Was this a bad morning or what? Oh yeah she captured and posted a photo of the officer on social media in case this was a traffic stop that went bad. Very sneaky she is.


Just heard a choir of sirens. I hope Scarlet is not engaging in criminal mischief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment