Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Scarlet the Vile

In case any of you are wondering Scarlet showed back up and she did not look even the least bit remorseful for having left. Cats!!


Twas a Monday night a few days before Christmas and I had just snuggled in bed for a brief nights respite. When, out in the living room I heard a small scuffle. I accounted for Goblin who was curled in my bed and then realized that it was that she-devil Scarlet again. There was shuffling and pawing and dashing pell-mell. It was not a burglar lurking throughout, more like it was Scarlet frolicking about. I wondered if I should get up and have a look around but decided not. This morning as I remembered the conflict I had heard the night before I hesitantly went into the living room to assay the damage. There, lying three feet from the Christmas tree and two feet from his original position, was Santa, on his back and laying in the opposite direction from where he should have been, had he just fallen over. It seems the malevolent Scarlet had attacked and skirmished with Santa. I knew she was wicked but to ambush, terrorize and melee Santa in the dead of midnight was beyond her usual hatefulness.

Where is she now? Sitting under the Christmas tree glaring with hate filled squinty eyes at the prone Santa. I think even the cat known as Grumpy Cat, who wears a perpetual scowl on his face would be intimidated by her. 


She has a habit of staring at me from across the room and then as I am distracted by something else she magically appears right in front of me starring as though that is where she had been not 10 minutes prior. If I startle or ask her what she is doing she gives me this very soft little “mew” sound as if to innocently be saying “what?” It is unnerving.


I was at a meeting yesterday when who did I see do a slow rolling drive by? Horatio.


 He did not come from where I was sitting so there must have been mayhem at the T-Mobile store. If any of you have ever had to experience T- Mobile I am sure you can imagine.


 The frustration, the dissatisfaction of being at their mercy and their unfair barbaric policies. Their unwillingness to listen, to understand and react to human emotion. Yes it is easy to see why Horatio may have been there. Some dissatisfied customer/prisoner of T-Mobile went all violent with a hammer and every phone in the store is smashed, wrecked, shattered and broken. Yes, we have all had the thought. But one of us has acted upon it. I kind of wish to cheer them on….


I have to get my expense sheet to my accountant or I there will be no Merry Christmas here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment