Thursday, January 7, 2016

Crazy Nephew Crazy Driver

I pulled up to the intersection, the light was turning red. I had missed the turn so I waited. I had just gotten in the car and had yet to adjust the radio and the temperature. I reached for the temp knob but hit the radio instead (odd actually as they are on the steering wheel and I did not need to reach anywhere to adjust either). In my bewilderment over what I had just done I looked down at my control consul 


and that was when I heard a car horn beep a couple of polite taps.  I looked up and had a green arrow. I slowly moved into the intersection when a car on the opposite side of the intersection came charging across the road. I had not yet started to make the turn so I was not in his path. I let off the gas and gave him time to clear the road so I could turn. The car behind me who had beeped slammed on his brakes. I completed my turn and continued on my way thankful I had been distracted and had not noticed the light change or I would have been in the middle of the intersection when crazy driver plowed on across running a red light. As for the driver who was behind me? He never caught up to me, never passed me, just hung way back down the road behind me. I think the incident scared him. I think it occurred to him too that I had I gone I would have been hit and he may have felt bad about the car horn.

I continued on my journey. A couple of miles later as I was glancing back at my rear-view mirror I saw a car pull out of a parking lot, cross three lanes of traffic and pull into the lane another vehicle was occupying. That driver ran off the road and stopped. The crazy car who did it kept right on driving in the recently vacated lane as though nothing had happened and then jerked his car back over one lane as though he was avoiding something but it was ¼ mile after the fact.  

Was yesterday drive crazy day?  That was 2 incidents less than 2 miles apart. I could hardly wait to get to my destination.

My nephew and his friend joined me at Noy's Bistro  


last night where I had purchased an excellent bottle of Tierras Altas Malbec.


 The owner, whose taste in wine is extraordinary, prepared another glass for my nephew but when I told him to get Jonah a small taste he looked at Jonah and said he would not like the Malbec and said he would bring him something more pleasing.  He did.  The restaurant owner was an excellent host and would stop by our stools to regale us with a story or impart a joke now and then. I had a magical evening I must partake of more often. 

My nephew is so sweet to humor me like he does. Those boys tell the wildest tales and I have to wonder if all 20 something men are as pleasantly insane? 


What adventure awaits today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment