Monday, January 11, 2016

Not That Way!!

I turned right and started down the street. It was just after dusk so it was light enough to see yet dim enough that lights showed up brightly. Several blocks ahead of me I saw the twirling angry lights of a police vehicle to the side of the road. 


I started to go another way but as I got closer the lights went out and both cars moved on down the road the ticket apparently written and the incident over. The officer is following the car and then makes a quick U-turn and drives off in the opposite direction. This is where the whole thing goes weird… the car that had just been stopped pulls up to a stop sign. There is no left turn. There is a right turn. The road directly in front of the driver, the one that goes forward or straight is a one-way 


street, single lane and a car with headlights on is coming toward him. There are two huge signs on either side of the one-way street that indicate it is a one-way street but this driver just drives right on through causing the oncoming car to have to swerve off the road. Does the driver stop – No. Does he even slow down – No. Does he even tap or attempt to brake -No? Another car approaches down the one-way street and the driver still does not stop or slow down. At the end of this one-way road is a back road into a little village near here. It is the exit ramp from a main road. Now either the driver was so shaken up by the incident they could not focus, or they were stoned, drunk, lost, or just plain indifferent but maybe they should have taken a moment to collect themselves. What if the officer had not changed direction and driven off? This person’s day would have gone from bad to worse.  I hope the person made it home safely and that everyone they encountered also survived. Had that officer stuck around for a just a few more minutes he could have prevented the entire crazy scene.

I have encountered another odd name I just have to share because it made me laugh and I thought it was brilliant even though it may have been an accident. One morning a girl was born and her parents, the Days name her Dawn O Day. She has a sisters named Crystal Day, Bonnie Day and another named Lovena Day. How fun was this thinking up beautiful Day names?  But not to be outdone here in Texas I have discovered Miss Hazel Dawn Green married Mr. Day making her Hazel Dawn Green Day and then she married Mr. Raspberry making her Hazel Dawn Green Day Raspberry. Imagine all the possibilities for these names? I love it!!!


I want to keep you informed about my situation here. I still have no hot water. 


My mirrors in my bath have not seen steam since August. 


They claim they can find nothing wrong and at this point are blowing me off. I am actively looking for a new place to live. I have realtor looking for me and an apartment hunter. I have bags ready to go to Goodwill. I am ready to go. If you know of something let me know!


I am willing to go over budget by $200 a month for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment