Monday, April 4, 2016

Gaming and Highlands

I thought I would play a game on line last night for an hour or so and the next thing I know 3 hours had slipped by. I will confess it was not a battle game so I was not on a mission. It was a match game and there were absolutely no rewards just match 3 and advance or run out of time and start over. I do not even like time limits on games. Too confining and stressful. I just want to do-de-do through it. I had to laugh at myself as I realized that the game was a reflection of my life journey. Win a few levels loose a few levels, repeat a few levels as time passes on.

There is something wonky going on in my flat. I showered on Friday. I never put the tub mat on the side of the tub. I turn it over so it can drain in the tub. I did not shower Saturday because I knew I was going to the Highland Games and would get smokey and dirty and I would shower after I got home. Well that is when a wonky moment happened. I came home prepared to shower and my shower/tub mat was folded neatly in half and draped over the side of the tub with the towel I use as a temporary rug folded on top of it, I keep the drain down and it was up. As a matter of fact the entire bathroom looked to have been tidied up and I had not done it this week as I had received some distressful news and had just not had the fortitude to conquer the bathroom after cleaning the rest of my flat. This is not the only incident, there have been others but this was the first time I could actually put my finger on something happening. When I first moved in it seemed like a child was here…. male and about 9 then nothing. For weeks I have felt there was a ghost dog here but dogs can’t fold things.


                                          

I have added some purple low lights to my hair. 


Why? Because I have wanted to for a few years and the time seemed right. I am very pleased and wish she had done a few more. I do not feel prettier just bolder, wilder more whimsical and free.  Now to buy some fabulous Spring clothes 


       
and pray GOD gives me two more clients. Pray with me, I need them.

I mentioned Highland Games. I have been to many many GREAT Games in my life and this one always feels like a small country fair to me.  Not that this is a bad thing. It is just more intimate, very casual and laid back.  I believe because there is no Clan Campbell staking out a patch of turf in the clan area it is subdued and fairly quiet. 


The games feel more like a backyard BBQ 


with some guys tossing things about. 


There were 17 of us watching the sheep herding trials. 


I only saw one school of Irish Dancers with their head full of curls 

 and one pipe band. 





The worst part of the whole thing was because the state of Texas now has possession of the Alamo there were no Tartan Day services and wreath laying at the Alamo this year which is a huge part of the Games.


I did have fun except for the cranky vendor who complained about only getting 3 hours of sleep the past two days.  My favorite thing I saw all day was the tractor 



that was being used as a paper weight and the constant music from bagpipes.





I have cranberry scones waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment