Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tech Ending

I awoke yesterday with a knot the size of a monkey fist needed for the Titanic on my lower hip/back. 


It would not dissolve or unravel or relax. I have confirmed I internalize all the bad/fearful/worrisome bits that occur and have occurred to me and there are many. Some border on epic and even Indiana Jones would fail to save me. Some are so terrifying that I still blanch at the memory and some are so tragic even Nicholas Sparks would falter at a resolve. I failed to be brave yesterday and it is humiliating. Yes, I admit that.

Here is part of what contributed to this….

My internet was spotty and everything buffered and I would have to restart devices. I called to see what was going on and they scheduled me a tech visit but not until I had to go through an automated system which I absolutely despise. I finally am connected to tech support only to have the connection be so bad she sounded like she was being filtered through a cheese grater, sand and sieve. I am now very frustrated. I ask for a different tech hoping that will help. I am back on hold. Another tech answers and the same thing happens. She can tell I am about to lose it so she offers to call me back. Yes! The first thing she does is apologize for the out of country call center. I stop her as that was not the problem. It was the connection because now I can hear her just fine. They send out a tech guy. He shows up fiddles about, makes adjustments and leaves. Now my Roku is not working. It is not connected and after many tries to reconnect I believe he has changed the password.  I call the tech who said to call if I have a problem. He does not answer nor does he return the call. I wait an hour and a half and call him again leaving messages both times. It is 2 Days later at this point and he still has not returned my phone calls. I went from calm to full blown rage right after the second phone call got me no return call. I have zero tolerance for incompetent disrespectful male creatures and this mouth breather has become the poster creature for this. Again I ask this question in the context of a male creature; does he treat his mom, grandmother, and daughter with such disregard and callousness. Would he tolerate others treating them this way?

I call the main customer support number and again the despised automated system feeds my rage like gas on a fire. 

             
I get a tech with a bad connection in a distant land who agrees to call me back but after 10 minutes of me waiting never does. Now we have added dry bark and brittle twigs to what is consuming me. I call again. I am sent through the automated system my anger is so intense I can feel heat rolling from me. I am finally given a tech and then switched to another tech who is shocked to find I am beyond reason. As she realizes the connection is bad she calls me back. She is soft spoken and listens. She goes off script and realizes I am asking if the incompetent knuckle-dragging imbecilic creature who “fixed” everything changed the password. She checks and sure enough he had. She gives me the password and hangs on the phone with me to be sure it all connects and works. I quickly clam down and thank her and apologize. She is gracious and pleased she could help.

However, I am still waiting for the callback from it. Should I call his supervisor and demand an apology? Would that smooth out this raging desire to end him? 

                
In the middle of all this internet drama is a shirtless, young, hard-bodied male on the basketball court outside my window. I just want to stand in the shadow of my window and watch him. By the time I am off the phone the first time he is gone. Bloody Hell!!!

                                                         
Some of the trauma that got me to that situation was resolved and today is a blank canvas.

Let the painting of my day begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment