Tuesday, April 19, 2016

What the Stunner?

Mother bought perfume while we were out shopping a couple weeks ago. I thought little of it because her taste in fragrance fortunately is nowhere near mine. I could not at the time have told you what it even was. Today I can. It is Stunner. I do not think of my mom as a Stunner, at least not now. Back in the mid to late 1960s Mom wore these leg hugging, pants that are very similar to leggings. They had a seam down the front and ended either right at the ankle or sometimes had a stirrup. She would top them off with these mock turtle neck sweaters with no sleeves, or ¾ sleeves and flats. She had these spiky heeled black leather booties she bought in Paris when we lived in Dreux 

                                  
that she would wear with them often as well. Her hair was frosted in large chunks and she would have it done every week into this sweeping two-toned beehive looking pile on her head. She was stunning.  Never heard of Stunner

                            
It is a knock-off or impression of Victoria Secrets Bombshell fragrance.

Here is what the notes are: STUNNER is a fruity floral scent with a blend of pineapple, strawberry, purple passion fruit, jasmine vanilla orchid and musk. I have not smelled this. I have not smelled Bombshell either. To be honest Victoria’s Secret lost me with their whole angel campaign. 

                              
To dress scrawny women up in underwear, put wings on them and then call them angles is tragic. I could write volumes on how wrong that is. Both for women and angles.

What surprises me is that she bought a cheap impression perfume, that is not like her. My mother wears Joy by Jean Patou 

                               
and has ever sine we lived in France.  So curiosity finally getting the better of me I asked and her answer is she liked how it smelled but not as a perfume. She sprays her sheets with it every night before bed.  She has been sleeping very well she says. I smiled because I scent my sheets also.

I need to know, am I the only one who is offended by the disrespect in that University of Phoenix advert? You know the one with the obviously over entitled female in the library at closing time raising her hand to silence the Security Guard who is just doing his job so that the library staff can go home and the library not have to pay overtime for her desire to keep studying.  Pick up your gear, check out the books and find a coffee shop! You are rude, inconsiderate, selfish and extremely disrespectful of others time and money. The fact that U of P thought this clever and appealing is disturbing.  If your students are being trained to be rude you have it all WRONG!!!!

I have more, like those car commercials that show women driving and men passively, silently, submissively riding shotgun. NO NO NO!!!!! I find those male creatures to be weak and unappealing.  I find the females to be aggressive, entitled, dominating (not in a bedroom fun kind of way) overbearing, demeaning and if driving or buying your vehicle makes me like that you will not sell one to me. Nor will I be interested in the man who owns one. Give me Matthew McConaughey driving that Lincoln.  Yesss…. Sexy, sure of himself, spirit of fun, adventure confidence lays on him like a fine fragrance.  I want that vehicle, that man, he can drive.

                             

But, maybe since I drive a Lincoln myself I am biased or maybe it is just the music.


Hey Mattie I am cooking up breakfast tacos. 

                                             
I have blackberries and champagne….

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete