Monday, May 2, 2016

Mother's Day List

Good morning Friends,
It has been a while. I have had a few changes and challenges and trying to gracefully glide through them has been arduous. I have been very still (like Elmer Fudd hunting rabbits).
                                   

That is until I discovered socks this morning on my walk. Yep socks.
                                  

Not even a matching pair. One was a dirty white tube sock and one was a light tan crew sock. Rolled up as though they had been taken off and left lying where I found them on the grass near the sidewalk.

Did some wayward homeless guy take them off while he had a dip in the run off rainwater in the ditch. Did he encounter the craw-daddies that show up after a good rain at a certain tender part of his anatomy and he forgot to pick them up as he ran off in scorching pain.

                                                 
Did some girl put them on Friday morning before school because they were the only socks she could find and then remove them as the school bus was passing by that spot. Is there a trail of dirty laundry strung along the road further out of my sight; dropped strategically along the way to the home of the woman some other woman's cheating man was at. (I say that last one because it is what I would do, have done). Is there some sort of pervert driving around picking up men keeping their shoes but insisting they remove their socks because he has a foot fetish.

                                      
Perhaps those two socks angered their owner and he made them leave. I am afraid it will forever be a mystery. In the mean time my mind is weaving small stories about them. I could write a collection of short stories using each of those scenarios and call the finished book... The Legend of Socks.

I have a list of things I need for Mothers day that is longer than the list for Christmas.

                                                  
Why? Because at Christmas I am too busy shopping for my family that I do not have time to think about what I want. Months later I discover what I need. Or maybe the world I live in just starts to fall apart every May. My daughter has asked me three times what I want for Mom day and every answer I give her she says "Mom! that is not a gift that is just stuff!" Well I need this stuff. My laptop is over 7 years old. It is tired.

                                               
My DVD player has issues and I want to go to Memphis. I need about 9 pairs of new shoes, a massage, a facial, 11 dinners in Italy and a week on a 4 masted sailing yacht.

Speaking of sailing I am sailing on into the kitchen for some breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment