Thursday, May 19, 2016

Symphony of Rain

I awoke this morning anxious to take on my morning hike but what awaited me was much better than a brisk walk, fresh air and peaceful solitude. Rain. Steady rain tapping the ground, rain bumping a rhythm down through the gutter pipe, the dripping of the rain from the metal rails on to the stone ladder wall beneath it creating the cascading sound of a waterfall.  An orchestra of percussion melted away tension I had not known I had. I just lay here and listened with a smile on my face.

I went to make coffee and as I put on the kettle a flash of light caught my eye followed by the booming bass of thunder. The wind is now blowing. Because my bedroom sets in an alcove the sound of the wind muffled through the leaves of the Crepe Myrtle and shrubs sounds like strings from an other-worldly harp. It is a symphony of some of the most ethereal, melodic and haunting music. I am calm and at the same time I feel so alive and energetic.

I had an adventure to chat about but right now I want to enjoy the beauty GOD has created for me outside.


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment