Monday, May 9, 2016

Green Hat Lady

Ever just find yourself in a mood. No apparent reason, or maybe it is the result of several reasons? I call them Porcupine Moments, 


Holly Golightly called them the “Mean Reds”. They happen to me about 4 times a year. Well, I am in a mood today. I wasn’t when I woke up. But within minutes of me getting up, the cat (which is still for sale …cheap) puked his guts up in several spots on my carpeted floor. I tried to stop him, grab him and move him to the hardwood floor but as he kept moving from me he kept puking leaving a trail.

 After I got back from my morning walk and was settling in to read my devotional he starts howling in the other room, non-stop yeooow yeooow yeooow 

                 
over and over and over. I finally go check on him because he may be in danger. No, he is sitting at the French door that goes out to the patio looking out. No danger. No murderers. No zombies. No angry hoard of Puritans calling me a witch.
Just him sitting there screaming. I am now offering to pay $20 for someone to take him. He is very grumpy and loves to argue. He would make a great pet for someone who is lonely and craves animated conversation and serious debate. My kids plan on having him stuffed when he dies so I can still have him and not be lonely.  You would be doing me a huge service taking him. I will NOT be lonely when he is gone. Really! I have been taking care of someone since I was 2. I am over it.

Oh good!!! A message from Dropbox claiming that my Dropbox is full.  Well how can that be? I deleted over 1000 items and files from it on Friday.

                                 
I was telling my Mother a story at dinner yesterday about a woman named Catherine who wore a green hat. On and on I went weaving her the tale of what happened and how everyone else reacted and what I did and how it ended and she asked “So what happened to Catherine?” What!!??! I just told you. “You told me about the woman with the green hat but what happened to Catherine?” Mom, they are the same person. Oh she says as she turns and gazes at me with a bemused smile.

She was telling me about a story she heard on the news and as I listened I realized she was describing a commercial. I corrected her and she looked at me like I had grown intolerably stupid. I having been noticing she is easily confused by plots on some of her favorite shows. While this is slightly alarming I have also realized that life with Mom may just be getting more odd, funny and tolerable.


Stay tuned… I am having dinner with her again tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment