Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Clueless Cashier


To take my opening line from my dearest friend and former Boss….
So there I was standing in the queue at TMX patiently waiting my turn, looking about me for missed treasure and people watching when, I watched a female walk up the queue and look at a display of socks behind me. Ok.  Then she maneuvers around me and the large red sign that indicates this is a queue and looks at the socks on the other side of the sock display. Ok. She meanders further along toward the cash wraps. I realize that all along she was intending to do this.  She must have gotten away with it many times before. She did not appear to be an idiot. She did not look to be from some far distant country that does not have stores. She creeps up on the existing customer and positions herself to leap at the available clerk the minute she looks up from what she is doing, which the cashier does and calls me to proceed, I start to move and the female creature jumps over to her. The other cashier who had (much to my surprise) who had been watching her told her no I was next. The girl looked back at me with a momentary flash of fear. I paused; she looked like a cornered dog, glancing from each cashier back to me and around again. I waved my hand to let her go on. The clueless cashier is still looking clueless. This amuses me for a moment. It is my turn and the still clueless cashier asks me “How are you?” Really???? Without the slightest hesitation I tell her I am angry and it is taking the majority of my will power not to follow the scandalous skank into the parking lot and deal with her. The clueless cashier is now looking even more clueless ( I did not think that was possible). I was not done….”does she think because she weighs 80 pounds she can crash the line?” Her response…”uuhhh????”  I pay for my item and move on.

I have started yoga again. I was yoga-ing in 2002 when I moved to California for about 8 months. I was a size smaller and had not shattered my ankle at the time. So when my trainer Rodney tells me to walk back into downward facing dog I have to laugh. When he wants me to sit relaxed and lean over and rest my head on the earth I have to wonder…. Is he stoned? I have not been able to do that since high school. But because I enjoy the sensation of feeling the blood flowing through my body I will continue and Rodney is patient.



Can you send someone a 1099 for 2011 if they did not fill out a 1099 for 2011?

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com    very busy schedule today and it includes two committee meetings an email blast and a visit to my mother. So, I must move on.

Yo ho ho and fiddle dee dee…….I am a Pirate!

No comments:

Post a Comment