Monday, October 21, 2013

Call me Nessie

Ok....... I am pretty sure if I were a ghost from 1702 who had lived my life in Wunderfelf Estonia that I could not understand you ghost hunters and you speaking English to me. A ghost from 1691 Norway is not going to come over to you and speak into your EMV or EMP or EMF device just because you ask. Also just a guess but if you gave them a choice such as two taps for no and one for yes you might be able to communicate. You ask in the same breath are you here? Do you want me to go? Here is an idea. 

The ghost of a person from 1711 who does not speak English probably is not going to answer in English, so that voice recording you got that you believe says “get out” probably is a German word more like “Geetut” and is their name; which is the answer to the question you asked 4 seconds ago, if they could in fact understand English. But then your show is not geared toward me is it?  That being said I am enjoying it because of the history you provide about each location. I will have to get over the insults to my intelligence. Unless, I am wrong and the dead attend classes in which they are taught to speak English. You guys are very entertaining and I like each of you. Good pick on the varied personalities. Too bad the show was cancelled.

The light bulb in the lamp on the table beside me was making this terrible high pitched screaming sound and just as I reached up to turn it off it popped and went out. I am awake now and my heart is lying on the floor beating very fast. Hahaha

I am supposed to be at a clients at 10 this morning but at the same time a girlfriend is having a grand re-opening of her business after a month of remodeling. How to be in two places at once… mmmm. I can do this, they are 12 miles apart. Challenge!

After a weekend of ghost hunting I worked my way down from my 7th great grandfather Samuel Given who was born in 1693 in Antrim Ireland. 

Some legend says that due to religious persecution the Givens family relocated to Ireland from Scotland. However I cannot find the name Given in Scotland. Some claim it was Gibbon prior to the plantation. New place, new name or does Gibbon sound different in Ireland than in Scotland? Some legends claim it is Irish and has been since creation. All I can say is try looking up Given Surname…hahah   He arrived with his wife and 9 children in 1738 in America. Following the children and brothers I have discovered that the men of the family were very involved in Virginia legislature and a fair number were constables, as well as involved in the militia. Agnes I discovered is a family name. I feel very fortunate I have not had to grow up being called Aggie or Nessie.

Can you just hear all through my childhood being called Nessie and being compared to the Loch Ness monster forever? Are you it? Are you related? Is your mother a monster too? Oh yeah… good times!
Must go water the plants on the porch.
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment