Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hashtag Jethro

I just heard a car drive by and diabolical laughter. The kind that occurs right after the bad guy has done something he knows will be discovered and disturb it’s intended victim. Yeah, not good.

Goblin and Gucci at first, had this peaceful détente and over the last few days it has escalated from Goblin just growling anytime Gucci gets near to now, Gucci just stares at Goblin and if G looks at him Gucci growls and moves toward G. Gucci even will spring toward G and growl. G then hisses and howls. This is all indicating that Gucci is trying to move up the animal hierarchy chain. He was on the bottom. 

He passed right over Scarlet with no incident. Now just G stands in his way to being second in command.  Gucci takes up a position right beside me and then challenges G to come near. That is when the aggression starts. If G is on the back of the couch with me sitting there Gucci is very fussy and paces. BOYS!!!! G is not going to back down from his position and I do not think Gucci will stop attempting and nothing I say to either of them will change things. Such is the climate of my little kingdom. It is good to be queen when the animals are all asleep.


I am reading Affliction, an Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel. Now, Anita is a Necromancer and is usually chasing Vampires and lycanthropes but in this novel she is chasing around zombies. 

What is this fascination in zombies? Zombie movies, zombie TV, zombie novels, zombies for Halloween, I do not get it. I have always been a vampire fan, since I was 12 or so. I even wrote a vampire story in the 8th grade. I get the attraction to vampire, but I do not get zombie.

My mother is 81. The other night while at her house we were watching Dancing with the Stars when the Willem Defoe, Mercedes commercial comes on and she mutes it so we can talk. Then right in the middle of our chat she says “That was Usher!” What?  “In the commercial that was Usher”. So we keep watching and it airs again. This time she leaves the volume up and sure enough there is Usher in the commercial. Again, my mother is 81, how did she recognize Usher in the 2.6 seconds he appears? Is my mother an Usher groupie? If I said; “Hey mom! I have tickets to see Usher, want to go?” would she say yes?

Mother invited me back tonight because NCIS is going to be on and she has a huge crush on Jethro and she wants to see what happens to DiNozzo now that Ziva is gone. But the most important reason she wants me to spend the evening with her is because of the hashtag.

 Jethro does not know what it is and it will be explained. I explained but she wants to be with Jethro when it gets explained. It is kind of cute watching your mom watch her crush on TV. I remember my dad was crushing on Wonder Woman TV show in the 70s. I thought it was rude. But a widow crushing on Jethro… that is cute! She used to crush on Horatio but then Jethro appeared on a new show and she dropped Horatio like 3 period Spanish.


I have stuff happening today so I must move on…. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment