Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Down and Dirty or Cornbread

Down and Dirty is what the truck had blazoned across the back window. What does that mean? The truck was lifted so maybe you need help to get down out of it. The white paint was definitely in need of a wash maybe that was the dirty. Maybe it was slang for I pull stuck vehicles out of the mud. “If you are down in the mud and dirty” call Pete he will pull you out! Maybe he is down for getting dirty. He takes his lifted truck out and then slings through mud creating mire and trashing fields, trails, roads and creek beds.


I got it! They are either a band member or a groupie of the band Down and Dirty.  


No wait they are proud sponsors of Subaru’s Down and Dirty Obstacle Race.

The Dictionary lists it is being lewd, funky, and unscrupulously competitive as in down-and-dirty political campaign. So…. The owner is into politics?

I have a cousin several generations back who married a woman named Cherry Dew. Seriously! I thought it was a typo or someone had been cheeky with a relative’s name. No she is Cherry Dew and she has a sister named Violet Dew. Now you would think the other sisters would be Rose Dew and Lilly Dew with a brother named Juniper Dew right? No they are Sarah, Ruth and Horton. Did the parents not like the other 3 kids? Actually the last name was originally spelled Dhu, but as with people migrating in from across Europe and arriving here and saying their names (and being unable to spell themselves) they were spelled wrong on documents. Of course some changed their names on purpose. 


My daughter informed me this evening at dinner that I had to bake a pan of cornbread for her to take to work tomorrow.  I have no cornmeal or baking powder or eggs I ran out of these things making breakfast this morning. They are on my grocery list. I had scheduled a meeting for 11:30 tomorrow and I have to get client commitments done in the morning so I am buying … shhhh…. Mixes.  


Yes I will be buying cornbread mix and cheating. I will take my early morning hike, dash over to the grocery, grab mixes and get them baked dropping them off on my way to meeting hopefully showering and dressing during that time. I love hitting the ground running. Not really. I used to, but now I like to waltz my way through the morning stopping to smell roses and coffee.

Speaking of morning…. Enjoy yours!


Now off to write a blog for a client for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment