Wednesday, November 18, 2015

GOD Saved the Cornbread

I suppose you are wondering how the cornbread saga came out? 

My daughter went and purchased two mixes (this would later prove to be a good thing) and as she glanced over the instructions realized I would need milk so she bought that also. She came home dropped it off along with two surprises. I had already had a meltdown in front of them, apologizing for not being able to get it together and being a terrible mom. By the way, the moment I was losing it my daughter was picking up the slack and reassuring me they could get breakfast and not to worry; which by the way added to the onslaught but also was astounding to watch. I had not seen her be a “grown up” before, at least not like that. 


I started making the cornbread. I measured the milk and cracked the egg into the milk and thought I spied a piece of shell as the egg slipped into the milk. I tried to look for it (white shell, white milk) but no luck. I prayed, that if there was a shell for GOD to do something. I was already fussed up and needed to press on. I mixed the egg, milk, opened the mix and dumped it in. As I did some chunks of brown alien substance were in the mix. I was startled and disgusted and then thanked GOD because I knew there had been eggshell in the milk. I started over, got it in the oven and went off to get ready for my meeting which by now is causing me to be even more fussed up ( my imagination was on hyper-drive). After a while I smelled cake and realized I had forgotten the cornbread and believed it to be burnt. Well, it was not burnt, Thank GOD, but it was very well done and a lovely golden brown.


 I got it to her at work in plenty of time.

As for the surprises, she had bought me flowers and a chocolate coconut doughnut. She was spending money from her first paycheck on me a surprise. It was so sweet.


My meeting went very well and was casual and fun. It did not turn out like my imagination envisioned. I also learned that my friend’s daughter who is playing volley ball like a pro (she is in junior. high) had been noticed by Oakley and they are sending her product to wear. Seems like only a week ago she was an awkward little 7 year old. She is blossoming into an amazing beautiful young woman and I am so honored to know her. Someday she will be the face of Oakley and I can say “I remember when she was just a cute little kid!) Keep playing Canada!!!


I have been doing a little Christmas shopping. I like to be done before Christmas so I can just chill through it and enjoy myself.  Doing this joyful task  has generated no Christmas anxiety or should I say anxiousness so I have watched a few Christmas movies and still nothing. I can see it charging at me like a child who has missed his mother but I am not feeling anything back at him. Christmas is about to embrace me and I am not feeling anything. This is troubling.  Maybe I should start playing Christmas music?  Go ahead and decorate the tree and house.  I am going to go see a Christmas movie with some girlfriends on Thursday maybe that will help.  Maybe I just needed to chat about it I am beginning to feel the first flutter of a Christmas butterfly under my right ribs....hmmmmm..... 



Yep there it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment