Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Champagne and Chocolate Makeover


It is Spring Beauty Week at my favorite store. For a small purchase you can receive a bag full of goodies. 


On top of that many of the Beauty lines have Gift with Purchase specials of their own so you can walk out of their spending $300 and taking home $900 worth of products. They do this twice a year. I made an appointment with my Consultant to come in on Tuesday.

In my naive tunnel vision, I assume everyone does this or has done this…. They have and do not.

My devotional was about “Nudges” yesterday. You know those instructions or suggestions you get in your head or heart, or urges as some of you may call them. Whispers that I believe are from the Holy Spirit. I was nudged to ask a girlfriend, Savannah to go with me. She agreed. So started a Girls Day Out adventure that became even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

I picked her up and we starting chatting. The next thing I know we had arrived at our destination. We had been sharing about Valentine’s day and chocolates. Ahhh… chocolate. Come with me I said and off we went marching straight to the Godiva Boutique. I was going to purchase us each a piece of chocolate. As we waited she discovered the Valentine boxed chocolates that were now on clearance and she bought it instead. We were barely out of the store when she tore into the beautiful box 


and offered us both a piece. It was decadent, irreverent, reckless and delicious. We walked for a bit and had another piece. We were now feeling extravagant no longer ruled by dictates of what one should or should not eat.

We shopped a few stores where I found the shower curtain


that had been alluding me since I moved, a tropical scented candle and as we were perusing the intimate apparel section we decided we would take a cruise in two weeks. We were now soaring through euphoria (might have been the chocolates) but everything from then on out was us talking about our life on our cruise.


A cruise, something I said I would never do. I will probably be eaten by sharks. Something I also have said I will never do. What am I doing???

My appointment time rolled around and so we headed to the store. Instead of me taking my makeover moment I gave it to Savannah and when asked if we wanted water I asked for Champagne and sent shock waves through the entire department. 


After a few minutes the glasses arrived. I made my purchase 


and Savannah came out of the makeover looking like a sexy yet understated Flamenco dancer, she was glowing. I drove her back home and she said she would get all the details for the cruise.

As I am writing this I have just recalled I told my daughter I would babysit my granddaughter and I think the dates will crash into the cruise date. I am off to call my daughter while I chop some melon for breakfast.


I will let you know…

No comments:

Post a Comment