Friday, February 26, 2016

Who Needs 7 walmarts?

Another of the reasons, in a long list I needed to move from my old community was the proximity of a Walmart “Corner Store” being built across the street. Not being a Walmart shopper I assumed those were small 7-11 style stores. No, no they are huge. So I move. Skip forward exactly one month since move-in which, by the way, was exactly how many days passed from my move-in at the former place when they announced the place had been bought and the new owners the Alamo Housing Authority were going to replace the workout facility with and educational facility.  WTH????? I went to work out every day!!!

I was at Rotary Club meeting and the speaker was from my new local EDC and she proudly announced that after 10 years they had been granted a Walmart Corner Store!!! And, it was being built about 2 blocks from my new community.  “bloody hell!!!” tumbled out my mouth. Yes, there in the middle of her speaking that actually came out and it was not my inside voice either.  I have only lived there 14 days, actually 2 weeks’ shy of 1 month.

This new Walmart, W1 will be only 3 miles from the Walmart W2 I just moved away from. Walmart W1 is 11 miles from another Walmart W3.  Walmart W1 is only 3 miles from another Walmart W4 in the other direction. 6 miles from Walmart W1 is another Walmart W5 and 12 miles east of W1 is Walmart W6. 5 miles west of W1 is Walmart W7. I am bloody surrounded by them. Please, anyone!! Where can I go where I will not be surrounded by this. Do the owners even ever go in their own bloody store? Do they shop there? They are closing over 200 stores nationwide and yet there are 7, one is  brand new (as in 2 months) and two more that are being built in a 12-mile radius from where I live. This is nuts!!!

I do not shop at Walmart. I can say I have been in one store  maybe 4 times in all of 2015.

While I am fussed up I want to ask. Do you people truly believe you have the power to ‘send Angels” to bring light to some other person? You can’t say things like “I am sending you angels to protect you, I am sending angels to guide you.”  


Who do you think you are to command Angels? Stop the nonsense! And another thing. What does “I am sending you good thoughts” actually mean? And how does that work for you and for me? How do I know when they arrive? How will they help me once they do arrive? How do I use them?


I need coffee!
Do to the weak broadband at my current location there are no images for this letter

No comments:

Post a Comment