Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Horse Upstairs

Getting settled into a new home environment is always an adventure. New spaces, new places, new neighbors and new noises and sounds. I have had very bad neighbors and indifferent neighbors and drama neighbors.  I was going to fuss about the horse that lives upstairs and as if it has a script it has awakened. It clomped (really, no joke it clomps) to the bathroom. 


It came home yesterday afternoon and bounded up the stairs into its stall and then the clomping began. Down the hallway, back up the hallway into another room, back up the hall and back again. This went on for almost an hour. It never would just roost. This is the first time I have become aware of the clomping. Why yesterday? Did it come home angry? Bad day at work? Problems with the lover? No tax refunds this year? Road rage aftermath? No chocolate cake with buttercream frosting at the grocery store? Dropped a $20? I hope it finds its joy today.

My flat is also right by the community dog park. I do not have a dog. These are more sounds I need to get accustomed to. People take their dogs to the park and they run and play and do dog stuff. The people all congregate at the covered benches which are about 20 feet from my window and chatter and laugh. Why I have been asked did I choose this flat when I mention it. Because it was the only 2 bedroom flat available in the entire community and this community was the best bang for my buck. So the dogs, there is this girl who brings a pug 

and an Australian shepherd 


to the park about 5 times a day. The Aussie carries a ball in his mouth and plays the pug runs around the park barking nonstop at everything. They are there at least 20 minutes per visit. It is like having dogs without all the responsibility and maintenance. This could work out well.

Does anyone else think the Bachelor is like the Jerry Springer show with Roses added and maybe no violence? I have been watching this out of curiosity over Ben 


being on the cover of several tabloid magazines. Fascinating experiments going on every week. I have picked a favorite and am invested in this now. Yes, I am a wee bit embarrassed but as they say “it is like a train wreck” 


and I cannot look away. Am I a member of Bachelor nation now? I am not sure how one joins that but I will see this through to the dramatic end.

I must go make some breakfast and watch the episode form last night.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment