Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I heart Cartier


There was a Horatio sighting the other day. I did not see him, it was phoned into me.  I love it. I have not seen much of him lately and assumed he had moved onto another city but, no he is here or at least he was moving with great speed toward a crime scene on San Pedro Avenue.
I finally became a cheerleader yesterday. Another lifelong dream fulfilled. I was even caught on film and if I knew if it had been uploaded yet to our website I would send you there, maybe tomorrow.  We had cheer practice for an hour yesterday and it was some very hard work with giggles along the way. Reminded me of dance team, and road trips to away games and always being the officer on bathroom duty before we left, knowing there would be that one Cadet who would refuse to go and then need to on the trip. Then that total freak out right before you stepped off and could not remember the routine. I forgot it as I pranced through the door. Aaaarrgghhhh!!!!
There is a jumble of corporate style restaurants headed our way. You know the chain store types that appear at every mall, crossroad and shopping Mecca. Chili, Olive Garden. Etc…..  I am far less than thrilled. I do not like those national public feeding troughs. Give me a real restaurant where a real chef prepares real food and there is an interesting selection of fares of the day. Where there is care and detail added to my experience. Where I know in Denver or Phoenix or San Jose someone else is not sitting down to exactly what I am. However, when it has been one of those days and I want to curl up into the memories of childhood when all was wonderful and my biggest worry was which horse on my shelf was really my favorite I want MacDonald’s.  
Speaking of yummy comfort food I made a Texas Shepherd’s Pie the other night. Sautéed the ground beef with onions and cayenne and cumin. Added the vegetables and a jalapeno tomato sauce, smashed the potatoes, put it all in a casserole topped with cheddar, jalapeno cheese and baked. Best Shepherd Pie EVER!!!!!!  It was cold and chilly outside and warm and cozy inside and Shaggy and I watched a Christmas movie. A romantic Christmas movie….. What is it about Christmas that brings me to think romance…..LOL…. Probably all of the jewelry store adds. This year I love Cartier’shttp://www.wintertale.cartier.us/#/en-us/precious-objects-for-her snow leopard ad…Brilliant.
Dawn is peeking through the window and I need to refill my tea cup. www.HighlandTitles.com Lady Tamara has Christmas cards to write today. What is awaiting you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment