Friday, December 16, 2011

The scan



This season is rushing past. Slow down Christmas. You are the one month I wish to savor, to linger over like a very fine wine shared with someone I love.

It had been lightly raining off and on throughout the day. I had come home and at the front door I turned back to gaze out on my roses to see if there were any blossoms or buds I could bring into the house when I saw it There was no sunlight streaming through, just the light of the overcast day, but there strung up looking like garland were diamonds. Just off my porch and only I could see a spider had created an invisible circling of silk and hanging on to the tiny threads were little drops of water. It was beautiful and had I the camera that could capture the scene I would share it with you.

Sprint!!!! Are you married to your equipment? You price the stuff like you do NOT want to get rid of it. Really?? $39.99 for a charger? It is NOT tipped in gold, there are no emeralds or rare black sapphires. You know I should have reconsidered buying from the guy in the van on the corner of Zarzamora Street. At this point I feel I am now in possession of a rare, highly sought after treasure. I should insure the charger with Lloyds of London or something.

I have been arguing and fussing and flat out having a serious battle with my scanner. I have talked with it, and to it, I have unplugged and replugged and unconnected and reconnected and still it (the scanner) tells me to scan through the computer. The computer does not recognize the scanner. It knows the printer is there and they are the same machine. I went to a sight that gives me live trouble shooting via a live chat and before Alan would talk to me he wanted me to give him $49.00. His name was probably not really even Alan. I immediately hit the box on top of the screen with the X. I have now uninstalled the program on the advice of the program. I will reinstall it today. Needless to say this has affected my entire week. I did nothing to the device that would cause it to behave this way. So I fail to understand why it would do this to me. But I never understand these behaviors of ugliness in kind for not being ugly. Maybe, my printer, scan, fax machine is possessed by an ornery little demon and all I need is a priest. Or a witch doctor.

We had game night. We played Outburst. It is my 18 year old daughter and I against my favorite Shoe and J. They are not 25.The category 1960 Political figures comes up. We are playing the adult version of the game. For what adults? None of us were old enough to have been even the least bit interested in politics in the 60s. Another question was to name electronic devices made by Sony. We named more products that had not been invented yet than the 10 required answers. So the adult version should say senior edition. However playing with Jack Daniels while naming 10 songs performed by the Beach Boys was musically brilliant. We made the cast of Glee sound like screeching owls.

I need to refill my tea cup and since this Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com,does not at the moment have staff I must go do it myself. Savor your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment