Monday, December 5, 2011

Loch Duich


I am writing form a new location this morning. No, I have not gone out of town again.  I have moved the butterfly and my morning tea downstairs to the living room where the Christmas tree is located. I can now enjoy the beauty of the tree while I also listen to my beloved Christmas music. I miss the fireplace now though.  The ideal would be a Christmas tree in my room or a fireplace in the living room…..or both!  This new arrangement of my morning routine had fussed up the cats….LOL…. They are stopping by my char to stare up at me as if to say…”so are we going back upstairs not now?”  They are pacing and are restless. Not that I am cruel or mean spirited but this is a little amusing….. I can hear Goblin grumbling somewhere in the kitchen.
Excuse me a moment I must go check on my Haggis hunting grounds. There is snow on the ground at Inverness, Must be warm in London there is a girl standing o a street corner in a mini skirt. Someone needs to clean the gutters on the Royal Mile at Edinburgh, the view from Loch Duich is amazing this morning. No Haggis, I will keep checking.  I hunted all last Christmas and won not even a bag of Haggis flavored crisps. I shall endeavor to persevere…..LOL…. I can hunt Haggis as well as those winners from last year! HA…. Caught one!
Shaggy and I were out running a few errands on Saturday when my stray cat daughter Lovey called from Austin and said she needed to pay her rent. Well, how nice! I have a house payment to make also. “No Mom I do not need you to pay my rent I need you to write a check for my rent.” ….uhm….Great! Lovey!! Do they need real money? “Mom! I have money.” Well OK baby thank you for calling. Have a nice day. “MOM! I need to pay it by tonight.” Well sweetheart you should so that. “Mom…. (Panic in her voice now) I did not get to the bank in time and I do not have checks and I need to pay with a check. Can you meet me in San Marcus and write me a check I have money?”  Road trip was not on my list of errands…..”I will pay you for the gas”.  See you in an hour. Shaggy and I looked at each other and together said “Road Trip!!!!” we put fuel in Charles and headed north to find what adventure lay ahead for us. We got to the meeting sight before she did so we wandered into a little boutique we found and were greeted by a wonderful caring staff. We were offered cookies and warm apple cider. I shopped for the perfect gift for Mother. Lovey soon arrived and we went to the parking lot to count money and write a check. I gave her a box that Grandpa had mailed her. It felt and probably looked like some back street drug deal. She left and we left and now I have to go to the bank this morning. At least they decorated for Christmas this year and have cookies and coffee.
While I was ghost hunting this weekend I came across a relative who was knighted by Queen Elizabeth I. He was given land in Monmouthshire Wales. A few have been calling him a Baron.  However he does not appear in some ancient peerage book so the rumor has been dismissed by some hunters. Sir or not for him I am still Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com,.
What adventure will your next phone call send you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment