Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Carrot Cake Drama

Dear drivers with handicap placards, remove them from your rearview mirrors. It is disturbing to me a driver near you, knowing that your field of vision is being blocked. You are now seriously handicapped with your driving skills. That is a parking placard not a driving placard. Oh? Yes I can speak about this I have had one!


On the topic of this, was yesterday “DV Drive as Fast as You Want Day”? I was passed by three large SUVs at various times and places all with DV plates that were going 15 mph over the posted speed limit. Weaving in and out of traffic being a serious hazard to those of us who were driving well within the legal limits. The sign said 30 I was at about 34 and after weaving and bobbing and being a terror to other drivers you finally make it ahead of us all and slam your gas pedal down and roar off doing what could only be 50. The hospital was the other direction. You were in the vehicle alone. No lights, no sirens. Maybe you had a serious need to pee?


As I mentioned I was having carrot cake tasting with my committee yesterday.  I had it all planned out and the timing just perfect. I was about 20 minutes late getting to my first location. I arranged with her when I would be there, but no matter the sample was not ready. I told her I would be back in the afternoon my tasting was not until 3. No worries I moved on to the next location to pick up some samples of some things I thought might be good for the swag for our guest upon their departure. Picked those up and headed for my next appointment.


She was being a bit aggressive and left me feeling like I was stealing cake from her and being dishonest. I must admit this was unsettling. The committee was not going to commit to a cake we could not taste.  Now I was having to dash all over town picking up samples and battle myself and the feelings her behavior and comments left me with. I think it was the implication I was somehow being dishonest that disturbed me the most.


I drive to my next location and they were unprepared as well and looked at me as though I were an alien speaking Romulan when I asked for the cake sample I called in ahead and ordered.  On a more positive note for all you young women out there I do know where all the sugar daddies are having late lunches. Oh, both of you young bartenders who feel you must be the first ever in your chosen career and do not have a long tradition of manners, protocols and behavior to abide by. RUDE!!! You were both rude! I may not have been a customer coming in to sit at your bar at that moment but I might have been a returning customer. Might…. As in maybe I would come back. But no, I will not be back. Not to your place or any other of your branches in any other state. Congratulations. You have lost your owners cash. Well done!


My next stop is brilliant and filled with peace and beauty. I will buy from her in the future. I am feeling pretty positive as I head back to the first location. I walk in the door expecting the sample. The sample as in one sample to be ready. No, it was not. I wait and wait as icing is slapped between two pieces of cake and then slapped into boxes and handed to me in a bag while she asks if this is cash or charge? WHAT???? I have 3 extra boxes of cake here at the house where the icing is sliding off and the top layer is stuck to the top of the plastic container.  As a matter of humor the one entire piece of cake lifted up with the lid. Super glue in the frosting??  This cake was not chosen as a winner by my panel of tasters. Good thing because the lack of respect that was shown to the cake and to me and to the organization was appalling!


So I get to the tasting venue and set up the blind taste. I cut all pieces to look very similar in size and frosting amount. Placed on plates with each piece in a specific place so we can all compare the same piece each bite. I wait, the event planner and I wait, the golfers all wait, the waitress waits, and we wait. I make phone calls and we wait. My committee never show up. So I make a new taste committee out of who is left in the room and they are wonderful. Great palates, informative and helpful. We chose a cake.


I have to go now and inform the winner.



Oh I forgot to ask, Pepsi dude is your neck OK? That girl should not have pulled off her shirt to walk the street in her bikini top in front of you like that. She could have seriously injured you and your neck. Thank Jesus you were not driving. We could have all been hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment