Thursday, October 2, 2014

Adverb is NOT a Definition

Do I like having my letters responded to? Yes. However sending me “proof” that irregardless is a word in a sentence like what I am about to quote is at best humorous… she responded with
 “I said it does have a definition it is an Adverb even if it is a non-standard one.
Thanks Sara”

This is exactly what Merriam-Webster says:
ir·re·gard·less adverb  ir-i-ˈgärd-ləs

Definition of IRREGARDLESS ( there is not one, it is blank, seriously nothing there!)
nonstandard:  regardless

So Sara says in her comment that the definition of irregardless is adverb. 

Uh… an adverb is “a word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb or a word group, expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, cause, degree, etc.” Adverbs are used to modify verbs. Such as He ran yesterday. The adverb being yesterday. He ran quickly. The adverb being quickly. Again I say adverb is not a definition it is a type of word that has a specific function in a sentence like a noun or verb.

Notice the first part of her response? “I said it does….” Sounds like a mother lecturing her children. I know it is you talking Sara, I know what you said… I have sadly come to the conclusion that my dear friend Sara whom by the way I do like uses the non-word irregardless and was insulted that I implied it was considered simple-minded. Well, Sara darling it is a non-standard word that actually has no definition. The two negatives in the word cancelling each other out and making the word just simply mean regard. This was all in my letter. So without further regard for your e-mail I have deleted your reply and this debate with you is OVER.

Maybe I could hook her up with the X husband and they can be irregardless of each other.

I just got a message from twitter telling me I have a new follower. I take a look and well you judge for yourself. He wants me to pay him $29 to get me 5,000 followers and so on and so on up to $219 for 100,000 followers. But that is not all. his profile photo is a guy in a white shirt lying on a rumpled bed wearing sunglasses. REALLY!!!! Very professional!! I would trust him with my money… NOT!!!  My guess is this scammer will be gone from the site in less than 2 days. 

This reminds me of the $500 I gave that guy in San Jose who was the boy-toy of a friend. I got $120 back from the loan. HEY!!! Boy-toy dude!! Where’s my money!! Picture Jason Statham asking. Listen to this Where's My Money - The Sound Of Dubstep 2010.


I am off to pay rent speaking of someone asking for money….

No comments:

Post a Comment