Friday, October 17, 2014

Pirate Stede in the Hood!

Sorry your mom is not well. I hope that works out for her. Was a text I got from a friend?? UH???? You hope what works out? That her sickness works out and she dies? That her wellness works out? What the bloody hell does that mean???  What?? The more I think about this the more fussed up I am getting. Oh your Aunt Bertie was in a freak accident with a pancake and the toaster and now her skin is avocado colored green and her hair fell out? Sorry I hope that works out for her! What the bloody hell!!! He has all the finesse, grace and emotions of a sea urchin!

Have not spoken to him in days. Feels OK and now that I am thinking about it maybe this is who the dream was about. Actually I am fairly sure of it.

Have any of you watched Ghost Adventures from 2011? 



There is this one episode where they are chatting with a female ghost and she allegedly says "they are strong or they look strong" after Zac says he feels like someone has grabbed his hands. His arms move down and out away from his body as though they are being manipulated by someone who is looking at his arms. Like when you were younger and your grandmother would grab you by the arms pull them and exclaim "my how you have grown!" That is what it looks like happens to his arms. Zac thinks she is telling them all that look strong. I disagree. She is telling Zac that his arms look strong. I say this because that is the third 'thing I notice about a man. His arms. I do not care about a "six pack" or his V or his package, I want to see a man's arms, shoulders, and his back. I want to see his strength. It is my preference and I have always felt this way. The reason I chose team Jacob over team Edward. They had strength.


I have discovered a new insult. You lumpish, half-blooded, dullard. LOVE it!!

I mentioned the kin that lived on the island of Barbados recently and guess who their neighbor was? The famous pirate Stede Bonnet born in 1688 on Barbados, he died in 1718. He got all caught up with Blackbeard and his ship and crew were pirated away by Blackbeard. He lived in the same parish, was about the same age and was having a child when my kin were. My guess is they knew each other and dear old Uncle Evan Pearis had a ship called Greysberry.
                                              Stede Bonnet

In 1718 Stede was in South Carolina when famous pirate hunters captured him and he was arrested and sentenced to death. He died 1718. 



Great great great..... Grandfather Pearis has been said to have been a pirate judge in South Carolina at this time. He was not present at Stedes trial though. Hopefully I will get to the truth and the heart of this pirate adventure in the next few months.
                                       The hanging of pirate Stede Bonnet in Charleston, 1718

Back to Barbados now!

No comments:

Post a Comment