Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9 Sandwiches

Remember Mr. Grumpy pants who walks his dogs every morning as I am out walking? The one I wrote about not too long ago. Never speaks. Well, he actually spoke to me today and said "Good Morning". I about fell off the road. I have gone to great lengths to avoid him and this morning he was coming off his porch as I passed by and I could not. 

My aunt is in the hospital and is going  to have a surgical procedure today. I am getting vague information from mother who is extremely fussed up. I thought she was going to cancel dinner tonight when she told me she would not  be very good company. Her sister is her last family member alive and this scares her. I think in her mind she will be left alone. (uh... Mom?? My brother?...Me?..... My cousins?.... hello!!!!) I guess this is right in line with the "Family Reunion" which includes my dad's brothers and their wives but not anyone else because we are ...? what?.... NOT family? Call it a Gathering of Brothers or The P-Boys Reunited or Vida's Sons Together Again. Family??? no!

I told her we will watch The Voice 



because there is a new performer every few minutes so we will constantly be surprised and with Blake and Adam bantering back and forth keeping us laughing we will get through the evening together. She seemed reluctant but said OK. Now I just hope that everyone on the show is Brilliant tonight. 

I actually did not get the chance to finish this yesterday morning, however, my aunt breezed through surgery. The problem was not exactly what they thought and she is in recovery. She will be in the hospital a couple of  weeks before she goes home. Mother will probably go home to be with her. 

Four months after I get back from Chicago Food & Wine write about "9 Essential Chicago Sandwich Shops". Really??? I could have used this then. Chicago has been bumped off my bucket list because I have been there. 




Speaking of bucket list... I am off to explore some options.... I wonder what Alabama



 has to offer right now. or Arizona



 or Utah 



or Midland



and Odessa? 


No comments:

Post a Comment