Monday, July 25, 2011

the attack

I went to my usual Sunday night movie last night except, it was not usual. Some people were in my usual seats. Ok…. The theatre ended up being packed. I go to late shows on Sunday nights to avoid the herds. They have caught on! I suppose their quest to sit among greatness should flatter me…. LOL…. It does.  Now go on about your way. But that was not all. Advertisements on the theatre screen bugs me. I will allow if  you are going to do it they had better be of super-bowl epic proportion. Volvo had a great ad with their “naughty “Volvo. Loved it!! The National Guard has put on some good ones. Last night an ad comes on with Cleopatra and other powerful, strong women while the “movie announcer guy in his “epic” movie trailer voice is going on about countries have gone to war over it, men fight and die for it, etc etc…..concluding with …”you should  keep it clean and fresh and ends with a shot of Summers Eve cleansing gel and wipes. I never say OMG…. But it came loudly out of my mouth and the mouths over every woman in there and gasps from men. Men do not gasp. But they did last night. What made it amusing was the blank looks on the two teenage boys sitting to my left. They were clueless and naïve and because everyone else reacted they now looked embarrassed. I watched them both slink further down into their seats. They really had no clue about the ad that must have cost 1.2 million to produce. It looked like a movie trailer, had to have had a cast and crew of over a hundred and at least 3 CGI studios involved.
As I was recovering that mild shock I saw movement near the floor to my right. I looked in the dim light and at first saw nothing. Then a flicker of movement again caught my eye. There glaring at me was a cockroach the size of a dachshund. Right about at the same moment I was freezing I realized the lights would be going out and I would loose sight of the varmint. Then I would be sitting in the dark alone with that thing crawling where it willed. I glanced at the still embarrassed teenage boys to my left and realized no help would come from that corner. No man was sitting in the three seats in front of me. While these observations are playing out in my head I reach under my seat grab my shoe and without pausing to take aim but understanding the ability to visualize something and the chances that if you can see it and think it you can do it and with a “Jesus guide my aim”, I smack the thing with the flat of my shoe. It makes a huge “whack/crunch….. I shudder. The lady in front of me looks over her shoulder in annoyance and then snuggles up closer to her man. Yeah he was a big help. I just saved your life lady!!!! I glance back at the now still roach. It is NOT smashed. Bloody hell!!! Now I am “pissed off!” I lift my arm up a little higher and smwhackquish!!!!!. There is splattered roach. But did he die quietly? NO!!!! his legs are tweaking and moving. The lights go down. The floor spotlight is aimed right it. Every time it wiggles I can see a flicker of light reflect off it armor- plated self. Die already!!! As I am sending a plea to heaven for intervention a couple wants to slide past me and sit down. As I am moving my stuff, and opening my mouth to alert them to the dying monster he steps on it. Then she steps on it. It is pulverized and missing parts of its self. I am very disgusted but relieved. I now that the immediate threat is over I can enjoy the movie but every time I hear a rustle or feel a tickle I am looking for its comrades who have come seeking revenge.  I wonder will I ever feel comfortable in that theatre again?
As I was exiting the motorway the other day I saw Horatio fly by headed North to Austin.  This may explain my not seeing him. He is working Austin. Maybe I shall move to Austin. It has been said by many that I will fit in better there than here. Do I want to fit in? It might be better for Samanthas career though. There are more jobs there than here….. but she does not want TV or movies….
Speaking of movies…. I saw the display for the 3 musketeers….. Eye Candy!!!!!!  Hubba Hubba!!!!
My sister friend spent several hours giving herself a pedicure and then lamented that there was no man in her life who deserved the pleasure of touching those  now soft and delicate appendages. This had me in giggles. But I think she missed the point of the pedicure. Men do not tend to our feet. Oh they may administer an occasional foot massage (the smart ones will know to do this anyway) but the whole pedicure spa treatment is for us. It is meant to be enjoyed and meant to make you feel good and special and pampered. You are supposed to leave the nest and go out and get one. It is a treat. An indulgence. A need, not a want.
I used to get one every two weeks. It is an expense I have terminated due to the job situation being slow to start and the lack of funds because the company that will now be called tgbdoesnotgiveback,  has still refused to pay me. If men were smarter they would gladly give to their (or any) woman the monies for pedicures. If they could understand the pleasure that would bring us, the knowledge that $50.00 just provided a women pleasure and she knows I provided it, I see as good for both parties. Whether it was for your woman or your sister or your gatekeeper or a friend who you know just needs a little kindness and a moment to feel good and cherished. I mean it is not an engagement ring. It is a here babe have a moment all about you. I know that you fight battles alone sometimes. Take a moment. I am going to sit back for a second and remember the last time I had a pedi…. Months ago…. I asked for the orange-mango spa…. Orange nail polish…I was the only customer that morning so I received a very long and wonderful leg and foot massage… I can remember the endorphins celebrating……

No comments:

Post a Comment