Friday, July 1, 2011

F14

There I was writing a story I was well into paragraph 3 and it was a big one when the Butterfly flashes up the save or not to save memo 
and then before I can move the mouse she shuts down. Flutter and swish...gone. My breakfast letter with her. I have spent the last 23 minutes 
trying to get it back. LOL...... I feel psychotic. As usual I have poured my heart into the letter and can not get it back. Maybe later she will 
dance, my muse, back over here and I will be inspired again to soldier on. But for now this is all there is. 9-10 am.
I am starting fresh today I was not inclined to try and rewrite yesterday.
There in front of me the headlines screamed Beyonce in revealing dress. Well she has always, to me anyway, seemed to behave more ladylike than 
others and I had never seen her in a "hoochie" style dress so I thought I would go investigate. First of all the link took me to the OMG part of Yahoo 
which I hate. The reason the OMG. Really!!!!! You want to post celebrity trash on a page with GODs name on it.??? Really??? As if GOD needs
you to draw HIS attention to their lives?...Really?? The page with the skimpy dress took eons to load. I surmised that the dress was not that 
skimpy or would have loaded faster......LOL.... I never saw the dress. The loading time and the OMG had  me fleeing.
I went to the Elected Officials Reception to take photos for the Chamber. I dressed casual. I was trying to blend out. Be invisible. Subtle. 
Quiet. Unobtrusive......LOL.... well for those of you who know me and remember me ......LOL..... I was quiet. I was stealthy. But when you 
are flashing a camera around and taking over 60 photos I am shocked to say people notice. oops!!! I should have dressed up. My bad!! 
Horatio came screaming out of the Chuckie Cheese parking lot and nearly took out a tree. Horrific bloody crime scene? Bad pizza or
did that giant Rat Chuckie scare him. I confess I do not like the giant rat. However, I wish to thank him right now because he gave me the 
magic to tell this next story. I was living in Alaska and we decided to go check out Chuckie Cheese. I had never heard of it and we were told 
it was better than Shakeys.....uh NO NO it was NOT!!!!!......and they had fun and games and a giant Rat. oh woody hoody !!!! In Alaska 
people, there is not much to do when it is -42. As were are  waiting in line in spy the most fabulous red watch with Chuckies face on 
the face. I have to have it. This watch made even the grooviest design by Swatch look bad. The husband refused to buy it because it was tacky. 
He also said if I wanted a new watch we would go look at the Seiko watches the next day. I wanted that watch. I wanted fun, quirky, 
and the unusual. Weird huh?..... To my horror here came Chuckie gamboling with the crowd. He stopped in front of me and attempted to take 
my hand for a kiss. A that moment a brilliant plan streaked through my brain. I pulled my hand back and asked in front of all the people 
who were starring " Do you want a kiss Chuckie?" Of course... he shook his his big masked head. He leaned in for one. I said "I want a present." 
He stopped. Awkward for Chuckie. The husband in a random act of mercy said "she wants that red watch over there." Chuckie leans back 
taps his finger to his head bows and teeters off to harass the rest of the people waiting in line. The group of us move on get our pizza and 
drinks and start watching the families, we did not bring ours it was adult night out. To my surprise Chuckie shows up at the table and offers 
me his hand. I stand up and he presents me the watch. He then leans over to kiss my hand. I grab his big face and plant one on his cheek. His 
hand goes up to touch his face and he jumps and twirls and gallops off. It was hysterical. I had my watch! I put it on straight way. I 
wore it whenever I wore red or anything with red. It was my favorite watch until Batman came out and I had to have a Batman watch.
Many years later Topgun had just come out in theaters F14s were all the rage again and I wanted a tomcat patch. One Friday 
afternoon in the middle of the rush of weekend pilots I spied a Tomcat patch on an obviously experienced pilot. He was followed by a 
group of much younger, cockier, frat boy pilots. I made a point to admire him for a moment so I had his attention. "Bloody Hell!! an 
F14 pilot. Cool Patch. Can I have it?" He grins, I grin, the game is on. His boys are so in. "I can not just give this away to anyone." I 
am not just anyone! "How about a trade?" A trade..... I subtly move my right hand over to touch my wedding ring. He notices. I smile 
his boys start to whooping.... Sure I can make a trade I seductively say. He takes his left hand so I can see his wedding band and takes a hold 
of my left arm where my watch, my red Chuckie Cheese watch is wrapped around my wrist. He goes off like an excited school boy. "Oh 
wow a Chuckie Cheese watch!!!!" I want it!" How about a trade? I take my arm back and remove the watch which I dangle between us.
"Really?" Well.... It is very valuable and it was a gift from Chuckie..... He takes off the patch. "Come on." We make the trade. He turns to show it off to the 
shocked frat fly boys. I squeal like a girl and add a wooohooo!!! I grab him and plant a big smoochie kiss right on him and dance back off to 
my office. Him and his flight check in and he waves his watch clad arm at me as he and the boys who wave also leave. Like I said I 
owe Chuckie a big thank you. I still have that patch. 
Want to trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment