Tuesday, September 6, 2011

fire

Good morning. It has once again been several days since my last letter. I have had a plethora of early morning committee meetings. Last week there were 2 this week I have three. I sat down on Saturday intending to jot down a few of the local village events and library events. I looked up 6 villages and 3 libraries. My September calendar is now pretty full. But it will be fall in a few weeks and I am coming back to life.
There was a huge fire in my neighborhood last night. The police were not letting people into the hood and many people were leaving. I have no idea how many fire trucks or engines were here but there was a steady train of them. Helicopters were flying by. We saw it from up on 1604 as we were returning from picking up Shaggy from work. A huge pinkish red curtain of smoke draped the sky right where our home was. My house had not been in flame when I left it 20 minutes prior so I knew it could not be mine. But there is that moment of panic and my first thought was…. The cats! Shaggy said “Mom hurry get home I have to save my x-box.” The fire was about 4 streets over. I am not sure what burned the police were keeping people out long after the fire was out. My cousin sent me a link to a map the Texas Forrest Service has put out on the location of all the fires burning in Texas right now and they cover a third of the state. My daughter asked why GOD was letting it burn…. Because Rick Perry is way off track and GOD is trying to get his attention…. No art?.... really Rick?!   One of your biggest supporters is an artist!!!! You better learn who your fans are!!!  She decided it was Obama and he had better get right with GOD. I did not argue that one.
I attended the flag pole and flag ceremony yesterday at the historic Selma Stage stop. It was very casual, hometown, potluck supper. I enjoyed the feel of village. I then came home and read up on the history of the stage stop and the El Camino Real and Spanish Trails and old Austin Highway. Very exciting and stage-coaching was a cut-throat business. Historians believe that the stop has been here since at least 1847. That is old. I had kin folk in California in Sacramento and Placerville and Eldorado in the 1850’s. They were doctors and all of them played a vital part in the history of Sacramento. One of them bought up plats of land which he sectioned into lots and sold or leased to people moving to Sacramento during the gold rush. They were into politics and the arts.
Apparently there is a boycott going on right now against turn signals. No one is using them. I really want to understand the logic behind it.  First people, no one can read your minds but GOD. Second, there is no fee associated with using it. Third it is polite and thoughtful. (This may be the reason). Ok to be honest I saw one car use a turn signal. She whipped over into the lane in front of me and then turned on her signal after it blinked at me 5 times she turned it off. WHAT? She was already in the lane! Was she afraid I did not see her? Was she laughing at me? Was she saying la-ti-da I pulled over in front of you? I wanted to pull her over and ask her what that was about. This is the worst driving offense ever!! People use your bloody turn signals!!!!!
I have a meeting…..

No comments:

Post a Comment