Monday, September 19, 2011

jazz

I have been listening to jazz for hours today. I love jazz on a Sunday. In my past I listened to it and then I somehow got lost and the jazz with it. I remember…..it is coming back to me, the calm, the sound, the textures, the feelings, the hope that dances around the sadness, the sparkle that caresses the somber tone of jazz on a Sunday.
Shaggy and I did it again. We watched the fluffy grey mix with the wisps of darker grey and celebrated. We stood in awe of the beauty and magic that sweeps the air moments before rain, giving GOD glory. Lightening flashed, and flashed again and rain fell.  She grabbed her i-pod and I grabbed a cook book. She had a dancing sing-long while I looked for soup recipes while curled up in a big cozy chair. Creamy artichoke, French onion with melted gorgonzola cheese, minestrone, they all sounded wonderful.  There was no usual Sunday night movie, there was something better. Sunday night thunderstorms. PTL!!
I want to thank the beautiful team of Ladies I work with for their kindness and thoughtfulness. I took the gift certificate and made an appointment.  In the midst of tears and the inability to even grasp one small feather from hope Brandi asked me what I wanted. After several attempts to offer even a glimmer of what I had no idea I wanted and to shake my head no at her idea, I took a deep breath and said “I want to be a different person”.  She smiled nodded her head and set to work.  The results were amazing. Not only was my hair different I was. The way I saw myself, talked to myself, treated myself was different. I know it is just hair but, hair changed Sampson’s world, it can change mine. The movie Shags and I watched that night, A Knights Tale. I did not change the stars I changed the way I looked at her.
Today is Talk Like A Pirate Day so time to shove off me hearties we are bound for strange waters and treasures yet to behold…..

No comments:

Post a Comment