Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toast

I love toast with butter and honey. I love my toast very crunchy except in the spots where the butter has melted and it is soft. This morning my toast is almost burnt. It now has a bitter edge to the sweet, creamy buttery, taste. The contrast is amazing. Like my day yesterday…..
I went on a road trip (sweet) to pick up a beloved who had been extremely ill, from the hospital (bitter). I had to be up so very early (bitter) but I was treated to a brilliant sunrise (sweet). I was on the road all day (bitter) but I was witness to an amazing sunset (sweet) on a beach (sweet) followed by the most wonderful moonrise ever (sweet). It was very late and very dark when I finally got on the road for home last night (scary and bitter). Arriving home safely and still feeling euphoric over the sunset, moonrise, and stroll along the beach (sweet). Feels like I should say Priceless right here…LOL …you know, it was.
I am tootling down the road yesterday, chattering away about ….well who knows when I come upon a traffic light in the middle of a 70mph roadway. I come to a stop and as I am glancing around who should pull up beside me? Horatio! I was in Kennedy of all places. Not really on the beaten path. Crime scene at an oil site? In the midst of starting to drill a skeleton is discovered? I did not see him again until I got to Portland. He drove slowly past as I was fueling up. Curious.
I saw a sign while I was driving through Kennedy that claimed “Men Working”. I admit I was skeptical, remembering other signs that claimed this but, a few yards further up the road sure enough there were men working. There were 5 men working. I do not know what exactly they were working at but they had on neon yellow vests and hard hats and were dirty.
The butterfly flashes me the message every so often that it has saved a draft of what I am writing however on the few times I have lost what I am writing I have never been able to find one of these alleged saved drafts. Where is she saving them to? This puzzles me greatly.
Speaking of the moonrise earlier, did you see the rising of the Harvest moon? So wonderful. It was dusk. We had just arrived upon the beach and had started toward the west. I glanced up from the edge I was walking on and was stopped by the glory that had been the sunset. The sun had melted away but it had left the horizon painted in lavenders and pale tinted peaches that beckoned the moon to come and play. I was enticed to follow so I turned around toward the east to see if the moon had indeed been lured out, and at first I did not see the pale peach tinted orb. I saw ships, large oil and cargo bearing ships, anchored off shore waiting their turn to make berth. I peered in between the pilings of the pier to count them; there were 8, when I beheld the moon. Huge and regal and looking like a grand sea vessel under full sail. I was enchanted and stood motionless for what felt like hours watching it sail further into the sky and shed its rosy cloak. I turned again back to my walk and the waves that were gently caressing the edge where I was brought little drops of moon beams washing over my feet. I wanted to stay. I wanted to listen to each wave as they counted the time for the moons voyage across the velvet of the sky. I can think of no place on this earth I would have rather been last night than right there. I hope you also had a little peek at what I saw.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment