Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pens

Pens travel. Has anyone else noticed this odd phenomenon? I had three pens in a basket I keep by my chair. There is a bookmark, the three pens, a highlighter, my gratitude journal, my devotional book, a cloth to clean my glasses (just to read with), and my worn out falling apart dream book. I use the pens on my journal and for dream interpretation. Well, they have one by one vanished from the basket. I was at a client’s office and she nor could her assistant locate a pen. They had brought a few extra from their homes but those as well vanished. Where do all the pens go? Is there like a Pied Piper of pens out there? Does he just wander the Earth and pipe to a different place each night? Are the pen piper and the sock piper related? I have heard that some kids lose their retainers and glasses.  Is this the work of other pipers?
I am running out of tea bags. I have been using one Ceylon and one white bag in my morning pot of tea and just Ceylon at tea time to help prolong the eventual run-out of tea for me. This morning I had two white and one Ceylon. I used the white and saved the Ceylon for this afternoon. As I have stated in other letters I add colored sugar to my bowl of sugar to make it pretty. I had black sugar crystals in the bowl. Well this morning I added the one and a half spoonful of sugar and poured the very, very pale tea in the cup. The tea changed into a ghoulish green. Hmmmmm……. I stirred, it looked like a potion cooked up by a witch. I poured in the cream. I now had a pale mystic looking greenish grey, cloudy steaming beverage. Perfect for a Halloween tea; odd for my breakfast tea. I am glad I am not pregnant and prone to morning sickness. I closed my eyes, (why do we do this?) and took a sip. It tasted like my tea but then not. I have a brilliant opportunity here to believe this tea is something other than what it is and that is what it will be. Welcome back this piece of Tamara, I have missed you so very much.
Do you think the manna from Heaven for the Israelites had different flavors every day? Toasty oatmeal one day, clove flavored apple the next, buttery corn the following? The story does not say it did not, nor does it say it did. What would your GOD flavor your manna with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment