Tuesday, September 27, 2011

speed bump

The cup of tea I am currently sipping is a perfect taste and texture. It is not always so. If I have sugar cubes then yes, it is perfect every time but with a spoonful not so much. My cat is purring and I would be too if I could.
I would like to tell you about what I saw in a parking lot yesterday as I was driving through. It is a new addition to the lot at least in the last few weeks. There have always been these huge black lumps that lay across the main drive along the store fronts. They are painted with white stripes at a diagonal so as to be seen. I see them. I know they are there. I have always known they were speed bumps. I have to remember as far back as I can and yes they have always been called or known to me as speed bumps. I must have been the anomaly because now on the front side of every one of these speed bumps or so I thought they were speed bumps, is painted in big bold clear white lettering. SPEED BUMP Ohhhhh…. So that is what those are! Really? Who knew this until now? How much money did this cost?  Has some law been passed that states all speed bumps must be clearly marked with the words speed bump? Because as I am driving at 48mph through a parking lot I want to be able to pause long enough to read speed bump on a bump before I ram into it and damage my car. Did some foolish judge or jury or attorney really try this case? Did some idiot actually sue someone over their decision to ignore obvious speed bumps? Did it happen in the midst of committing a crime? Did they steal a load of items from TJ MAXX and then damage their vehicle while getting away on a speed bump which caused them to get caught? I would love to hear the mouse ran up the clock story behind this; probably as ridiculous as the hot coffee McDonald incident.  Do not get me started.
A girl  and her boyfriend had a quarrel ( yes ickie there are several different things that two or more people can do that is not really fighting!!!!!) she stated  to him that he was acting like an alien boyfriend.  LOL…(I totally get where she would think that I have dated aliens before myself). You will never believe what he did. http://sanantonio.craigs list.org/mis/2618786879.html  this is where he wrote the letter to her. I am sharing this because he wrote and posted it on a public forum.  This has got to be the cutest thing ever! This man knows how to create a fix in a big way. It is clever. Some of you may not be surprised by clever in a man but we are. I take that back for a second. Bluegrass and Bourbon was pretty damn clever! Anyway please follow the post and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment