Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Full hands


I have downloaded an application to the Butterfly. It is supposed to be a chocolate Lab named Chudleigh.  He is mine now and he is a Lab/Weimaraner; A sort of Lab the color of charcoal. His name is Baxter. He is now lying on the edge of this letter sleeping. He ate a moment ago and when he was finished he carried off his food bowl and put it at an undisclosed location in the Butterfly. He just now got up and brought me a pair of slippers laid them down and is sitting there watching me. It is adorable. He is like a real dog. He dreams as he sleeps moving to scratch his ear or breathe deeply. Baxter was sent to me in a Thanksgiving card yesterday (thank you Kelly). 

I know this is NOT what you are expecting from me today. What you will get today is Thanksgiving. My hands will be full of blessings today therefore they will be too full to hold on to your sins.
1.   I can write and read. I have a wonderful education from teachers who were not so busy preparing me for a series of tests that they could actually take the time to teach. They enjoyed it and most were very creative and encouraged that creativity in me. I did not just write an interview for English I performed one in costume with a soundtrack.
2.   My father was a tea drinker. He is responsible for my love of the tea ritual. He did not use a pot he made it in a cup for him and me every morning. Refusing coffee because it “stunts your growth” he would say. I am 5’10”. It must have worked.
3.   I have a love for dance. All dance. I was first introduced to ballet when I was 4. Then to jazz, waltz, “Go-Go”, dance team, Turkish Belly dance.
4.   I have lived in Paris. I have been taken to market in the mornings and I can still remember the sounds and sights and the energetic feel of it. But most of all I can remember the smell of freshly baking bread. It wafted down every inch of Market Street, into every store front. I was given a small roll each time by the baker where our maid (don’t all Ladies have maids?www.HighlandTitles.com)shopped for our bread. Sometimes I would be handed an apple or orange or strawberry. I was treated like a princess as I strolled with her through the carts and stores.
5.   I have slept in an igloo. It was huge. I am not saying that because I was 7. The father of my friend who built it was a giant and he could stand straight up in it. There were 5 of us that slept in it that night. It was awesome and I remember my head was cold but I was warm.
6.   I work with the most amazing company. I am treated as a human female. Respect.  I just come up with a possibility and spout out “what if” and the next thing I know it has become a plan, goal, objective, target and we are attempting it. I had told them no at the beginning but they sent their closer to convince me that I was just the ingredient to complete the recipe. No I am not driving an Audi yet but give me a few months.
7.   I have a wonderful home.
8.   I can think of 6 impossible things during breakfast.
9.   I know some very amazing people and they are strong and brave and trustworthy, honest, loyal, encouraging. Defenders of right, granters of mercy. They have humor and tenderness and best of all they know my name.
10.       I have a remarkable ex-wifey (housemate) and her fiancé is a good man. Now that I think about it. I call her ex-wife and she is marrying a guy named Lynn……LOL….. I had her listed as wife on facebook in my family section because it humors us both. I then noticed something a few days later as I was adding to my profile that all options for a man relationship had been removed from my selections. There was wife, there was female companion, sister, cousin, brother….etc …. no husband, no boyfriend. Facebook assumed I was Lesbian.  It was funny. I realized the add parameters had changed also that I was being fed. Nothing male oriented, nothing romantic, AIDS awareness and coalitions for women. I have since changed her status. Things are back to normal on facebook.
There are so many many more.
What do you count as blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment