Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goat Shepherdess


It has come to me at last. The great puzzle of why most of the women in my Fathers line seem to have no provable past. It is as the other “experts” in the field have concluded…..they do not, did not ever exist. My father did not exist either. My grandfather or his father and his medical certificate is not real and neither are the photographs.  There, do you “experts” feel better about the world now, your world? Bullocks! What I cannot understand is your inability to understand human nature. That people are not going to behave in ways you would assume or expect. That not everything is black and white or will fit into a category, that seeing is not always believing. I have read your theories, and the one thing you leave out is the one thing that makes us different from snails. Can I bring to your attention that all of the tracing of the line of Jesus to the beginning of time still does not make Joseph his father? Of course you can turn that around as proof of his inexistence also…..LOL. Let us think about Phebe. She is not listed in the will of the man who she claimed as father. She is not listed in the mothers will or brothers or grandparents either. This does not mean she did not exist. This could mean she did something so horrible her family disowned her. She could have married into the family of her families sworn enemy ( the idea of Romeo and Juliet came from somewhere no matter who really wrote it). She could be the child of any of the male family members and a serving girl, tavern wench, mistress, or any female not married into the family. She could be the daughter of a male family member whose wife died during the birth, at the birth, after the birth and she was brought to a family member to raise. Her mother could have died and the father stricken with grief left the village to become an angry pirate or priest or soldier or never wanted to lay eyes again on the child that caused the death of his beloved wife.  Both of her parents could have died from any number of diseases and another family took her in because she was…… 7 months old and had no one else. She could just simply be the daughter of any couple who died and the family she grew up in gave her their name and raised her and since she was not of their blood and she had married well not written her into a will. I could go on. It also seems to me that the girls this happened to were all born in England and married or died in Virginia. No proof of their parents except what family tradition says.  One more thing….. Servants were not always listed on ship manifests by name just as servant and children were not always listed by name either.  Dr. Clay lied about his roots but that is ok. However because you cannot find any for a girl named Mary she did not exist. John having a manor in 1420 does not mean he is not the John awarded a manor he never gets in 1461. Why do you believe they are 2 different Johns? There is no proof of that. Maybe it is a son or father, cousin? I am glad I am still enraptured by the romance of the mystery of tracing heritage. I pray I never loose it. I wish I had the gift of storytelling and could write beautiful novels about these people. Most of them would make for a romping good read with just a little help from my imagination.

My brother has decided he is a long lost Arabian prince and I am a goat herder…….LOL…..Apparently we did not have the same mom…….LOL. One thing I am very sure of about me .... I am Tamara, Lady Pearis   www.LairdOfLochaber.com  I do have paperwork for that!

I am off to find my missing goats……what will you find today?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete