Tuesday, November 6, 2012

FIGure No Wrinkles


I am using a font called Iskoola Pota. What does that mean?

I have a few ingredients in my kitchen that I hate to throw out so I have spent the morning rummaging through recipes looking for ways to use these items. Things like 1 lemon, ½ container of Mascarpone cheese, ½ container of plain yogurt. About 1 cup of sugar, some walnuts a ¼ cup of pecans, ½ container of ricotta and about 1 Tablespoon of sour cream.  Now that I have it all written down I should be looking for a lemon bar recipe.

 I found a chocolate cream cheese bar streusel bar that I believe will work after I make some substitutions. The reason I bring this up is because I found a recipe called Duck Casserole. It involves a duckling, 3 apples and a bottle of white wine. I am NOT a flesh eater but this sounded sooooooo delicious I may put together a small dinner party and serve this.

My neighbor was out this morning singing for her cat Figaro. Yes singing; early morning Opera, Fiiig-Aroooo Figaro Figaro fig-a-ro. But then we gobble, gobble for Goblin except he is not outside.  We just wander through the house gobbling. Only we know we are silly, well now you do too.

Did any of you catch my business facebook page? It is National Fig Week. We sell a wonderful Fig Walnut Butter that we can customize a label for. Great idea to add into a basket for a VIP client. Curious about figs? I was.

In ancient Greece, Figs were regarded with such esteem that laws were created forbidding the export of the best quality figs.  They were considered a sacred fruit by counties in Asia, Greece, Italy and Egypt. They are the most talked about fruit in the Bible and are also mentioned in a Babylonian hymnal dated about 2000BC.

Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves that fashioned into an apron like covering. If you have never seen a fig tree leaf they are very large.

Figs were used as training food by Olympian athletes as a token of Honor.  Pliny, the Roman writer (52-113 AD) had this to say, “Figs are restorative. They increase the strength of young people, preserve the elderly in better health and make them look younger with fewer wrinkles.” I am going to try this.

Figs are an excellent source of dietary fiber, a part of an overall healthy diet, it helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels and supports heart, digestive and colon health. Diets rich in soluble and insoluble fibers, such as figs, help maintain healthy blood cholesterol levels and may lower colon cancer risk.

Figs also add magnesium, calcium, antioxidants and potassium to the diet

Figs have a high alkalinity it have been mentioned as being beneficial to persons wishing to quit smoking.

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com  is going to buy some for beauty reasons. Thank you Pliny! Shall I pick you up some too?

No comments:

Post a Comment