Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Friday Cheer


The Christmas season is here! To focus on work is over. I have not ever been able to accomplish that during this season. I just want to enjoy all the hustle and bustle and lights and decorations and sounds and tastes and smells that only happen during this season. I have pretty much completed my Christmas shopping for everyone but my daughter’s fiancĂ©, my brother and his wife. I had it done over a week ago; so when my daughter said she wanted to go out on Black Friday at midnight I was all for the adventure just to watch and be amazed at “crazy”. I was not disappointed.  People were camping out at Best Buy Wednesday night.

 I mean camping. There was a tent and people in lawn chairs around a BBQ grill. Lines around Kohls wrapping around to the back of the building, Macy’s had lines from each of its doors.

Home Depot had long lines forming outside.  People had lists and ads in hand and were ready with plans, strategies, telephones charged and a commander. I was entertained. It was amusing and challenging and “crazy”. People were in lines to the cash wraps that wrapped around the inside of the store from the front to the back with one or two things in hand, others had basket loads. Mostly it was exhausted women, some families that had the air of a family adventure, teenaged girls doing personal shopping, men with “deer in the headlight” looks and a list – totally out of their element but determined not to disappoint the wife.  Some were serious about the shopping a few were like me just out to have a fun adventure, a few were in high good spirits, a few were over focused and rude. We left home at 11:30 and after what I thought was a few hours my feet were tired and my gimpy ankle was screaming at me. Shaggy checked the time and informed me it was 7:05 am. Well no wonder my feet were cranky we had been out walking around for over 7 hours. We headed home for a nap. Up again at 11:00 am we sent my personal shopper a text message and he was at work so we climbed back into the car and headed off again.

 He hooked Shaggy up with Janet at Clinique and led me off to hunt for red lipstick.

 We were both looking mighty fly when we left with our treasures and gifts and surprises.  We stopped over at Godiva and recharged with a truffle for the drive back home.

  Really enjoyed my Thanksgiving Holiday! Let’s do it again!

Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com needs to focus on some work today. Gala is Saturday night and there are several loose ends to tie up, daughters to deliver to work, daughters who are packing to move and need my help, my work to do, my non-profits to tend to, my own business to promote, my Cassie who needs me. Adventures to participate in, I am exhausted just thinking about it all. I need a star like the Magi followed, camels and horses to load all my cares on and just follow where it leads.  Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com  is packing up all the demands on me into a beautiful box and giving it to GOD He will know what to do with it all. 

It is HIS anyway. I shall follow and be amazed!
Do you need a box for your cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment