Monday, November 5, 2012

Watch the line


Ladies, please, please pay attention to your lip liner. It goes on your lip line or just outside. 

If you feel you must make your lip look balloonish please be careful when you eat. There I sat at an event that involved the eating of food if you wanted to eat. I sat down left of the stage so I could get some photos and the beautiful young woman across from me had just eaten and there, painted in a burnt red was a well-drawn pencil thin mustache. I was not on her upper lip line it was well above it, mid-way between her lip and nose. It took me a second to figure out what it was. 

 I wanted to tell her but how do you say “Senora your lip pencil is smudged”? I got up to take some photos and did not see her again. I am certain it was not a random occurrence. The line was too perfectly drawn. I suppose she lets it lie there and re-lips after she is done.  I just feel bad because I was not sure if I should have said something or not.

I had the privilege of driving the event photographer around for a city function this weekend. We had finished up and I was supposed to be driving him back to City Hall where is car was. I needed to go the opposite direction to return the golf cart. We were chatting and I moved to turn right onto the road that would take me back to the Gold Course and proceeded to start the turn when I realized I needed to go left. There was a car in the left turn lane so I scooted across the street instead. I busted a U-turn and was turning out onto the street when driving down the road in her own golf cart was the Economic Director of the City. I could tell by the look on her face that she was wondering why I was making a turn from a road not in my path. I felt like a do-dee-do.  I really hope she does not think I was out joy-riding in city property.  May be I should send her a little note.

I had a wee bit of pumpkin left in the refrigerator and was wondering what to do with it when I was struck with the idea of pumpkin muffins. So I looked for a recipe. I found one online and commenced to creating.  I had only a little sugar and wheat flour. This recipe called for wheat flour and a wee bit of sugar as well as a wee amount of applesauce which I had. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/pumpkin-muffins

As I was about to pour them into the muffin time I was inspired to make a coffee cake instead; so I poured it into a pan and put it in the oven. Then I thought a crumble would be great on the top of the coffee cake so with some brown sugar, flour, butter and spices I made a crumble and sprinkled it on the top and baked. Two words describe my creation. Soooo Delicious!!!!

My grand-daughter who has started into an educational day-care facility has brought home some form of the creepy crud nose melting disease and shared it with Shaggy and me so Lady Tamara  www.LairdOfLochaber.com  must now find some aspirin and a tissue.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment